• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. 1988 ford bronco II pitman arm removal problem

hello everyone, i have a pretty bad leak around my pitman arm that goes to the steering box. I removed the large nut--but need to go rent a tool to remove the pitman arm. As I was looking at the situation. It looks like the pitman arm shaft on the steering box leans toward the motor...
  2. 1986 Ford Bronco II 2.9L sluggish

Hello, I bought another 1986 Bronco II the other day. it had been sitting for a while and would not start. i dropped the gas tank and the fuel pump inside fell apart. i installed a new pump, regulator and fresh gas. it will crank barely with a little help but idles like it is suffocating and...
  3. 1987 Bronco II

Hello--just bought another ford bronco II stock- 2.9L AUTO a couple of days ago. The owner i bought it from knew no history. He only said it had set up for a couple of years. Before i dive into it more--I thought i would ask your thoughts. Here is what I found on the Bronco: new gas tank...
  4. Transmission swap Question

Hello, i have a 1986 BII 4X4 2.9L with a bad auto transmission. i found a 1989 Ford Ranger 4X2 2.9L auto transmission at the salvage yard that is suppose to be good. Anyone know if this will work on my 1986 and if so any problems I might encounter? thanks for you help in advance.
  5. 1986 Bronco II 4x4 spindle question

Hello--i thought I posted this already but couldnt find it. i am replacing my ball joints and i removed the spindle from the knuckle. Problem some of the rectangle bearings fell out. it looks like the bearing is compressed inside the spindle. My problem is how do I replace the bearing...
  6. 4x4 spindle question

Hello, I'm replacing the ball joints on my 1986 Ford bronco ii 4x4. Just have a question about the spindle bearings. When I removed the spindle from the steering knuckle some of the rectangle bearings fell out and or were crossed. Not sure i can find all the bearings. My question is how do...
  7. 1986 Bronco ii Auto Transmission

Hello--I just bought a 1986 Bronco yesterday evening. I was told the transmission doesn't work correctly. The only gear that would work is reverse. It does nothing in any forward gear. Also i tried to use the 4X4 to go forward but nothing happened. it is a push button 4x4 type. Last night...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad