• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. 1988 ford bronco II pitman arm removal problem

thanks --i will try to post a pic tomorrow--thanks for your quick reply--mark
  2. 1988 ford bronco II pitman arm removal problem

hello everyone, i have a pretty bad leak around my pitman arm that goes to the steering box. I removed the large nut--but need to go rent a tool to remove the pitman arm. As I was looking at the situation. It looks like the pitman arm shaft on the steering box leans toward the motor...
  3. 1986 Ford Bronco II 2.9L sluggish

thanks i will look at it. when i bought the bronco the cat was removed and in the back of the vehicle--but the muffler shop said it was not stopped up
  4. 1986 Ford Bronco II 2.9L sluggish

thanks--i havent put things back together yet to see if any changes. it is sluggish as soon as you start it up--if you raise the RPM--it does seem to change from sluggish to a little less sluggish--really it feels like it is running like off of 4 of the 6 spark plugs--but i did put new ones in...
  5. 1986 Ford Bronco II 2.9L sluggish

Thanks guys, I haven't checked the timing yet. I agree I need to check it. I did put new gas and sea foam in it as well. it will idle but kinda rough until you raise the RPM. at about 1800 RPMs it seems to level out a little but still feels a little sluggish. The ERG was totally stopped up...
  6. 1986 Ford Bronco II 2.9L sluggish

Hello, I bought another 1986 Bronco II the other day. it had been sitting for a while and would not start. i dropped the gas tank and the fuel pump inside fell apart. i installed a new pump, regulator and fresh gas. it will crank barely with a little help but idles like it is suffocating and...
  7. 1987 Bronco II

I replaced the in-tank fuel pump and was able to start it. the fuel pump i removed looked almost new but apparently was bad. Maybe the previous owner who was throwing new parts on it just probably thought--well i replaced the in tank fuel pump so there must be another part or reason it is not...
  8. 1987 Bronco II

thanks for your reply---i have no idea what order things were replaced--all the old parts were either in the passenger floorboard or in the back. today i took the two fuel lines that run to the gas tank---i covered the two little pipes that come from inside the tank and turned the key on and...
  9. 1987 Bronco II

I wish i knew how to ck the ECM---that is the computer like thing on the passenger floorboard---i have 5 bronco II (2-86; 1-87 and 2-88) 2 our of 5 run great. the last two i just bought recently and both are now on blocks--bad trans in one)--i guess i could pull one ECM off of the good...
  10. 1987 Bronco II

Thanks for your reply--No I dont know if the fuel is getting to the cylinders --it has new fuel injectors and a new pump in the gas tank. and i push the thing on the fuel rail and it shoots gas out after i try to crank it. How can I check concerning fuel to the cylinders? thanks for your help.
  11. 1987 Bronco II

thanks for your reply--im getting fire--just not sure if the fire is right. it hits with starting fluid--but after the starting fluid it will not hit much at all--that is why i thought maybe it is not getting the right fuel to it--yea i kinda thought that also about the previous owner throwing...
  12. 4x4 spindle question

thank you i was able to finally replace the spindle bearing and put it back together
  13. 1987 Bronco II

Hello--just bought another ford bronco II stock- 2.9L AUTO a couple of days ago. The owner i bought it from knew no history. He only said it had set up for a couple of years. Before i dive into it more--I thought i would ask your thoughts. Here is what I found on the Bronco: new gas tank...
  14. Transmission swap Question

thank you--i appreciate the help.
  15. Transmission swap Question

Hello, i have a 1986 BII 4X4 2.9L with a bad auto transmission. i found a 1989 Ford Ranger 4X2 2.9L auto transmission at the salvage yard that is suppose to be good. Anyone know if this will work on my 1986 and if so any problems I might encounter? thanks for you help in advance.
  16. 1986 Bronco II 4x4 spindle question

thanks i finally got it out-it was a little difficult--i had to use a slide hammer that was attached to two claw like things. the needle bearing was shot and i was able to install a new one--thanks again for ur comment
  17. 1986 Bronco II 4x4 spindle question

Hello--i thought I posted this already but couldnt find it. i am replacing my ball joints and i removed the spindle from the knuckle. Problem some of the rectangle bearings fell out. it looks like the bearing is compressed inside the spindle. My problem is how do I replace the bearing...
  18. 4x4 spindle question

Hello, I'm replacing the ball joints on my 1986 Ford bronco ii 4x4. Just have a question about the spindle bearings. When I removed the spindle from the steering knuckle some of the rectangle bearings fell out and or were crossed. Not sure i can find all the bearings. My question is how do...
  19. 1986 Bronco ii Auto Transmission

thanks. I will most likely get a reman torque converter. I appreciate your time and help.
  20. 1986 Bronco ii Auto Transmission

thanks guys good information to know. Can i flush the converter out myself and how would i do that?

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad