• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. Rear ABS got anything to do with A4LD transmission?

Most likely bad connection or bad solenoid. Either way, easy fix without removing transmission. Though, not likely, could be stuck OD valve or broken OD spring. Swap/rebuild valve body to fix that, again without dropping transmission.
  2. Official A4LD Problem Thread!

Several possibilities here. First, could be morning sickness, caused by converter drainback. Could be low fluid level. Could be worn pump gears. Could be worn clutches. Or any combination of the above. I always let engine idle in neutral for a minute or so before starting out in the...
  3. Rear ABS got anything to do with A4LD transmission?

Drive it in any gear you want. Worst case scenario in OD is that it will start shifting normally.
  4. Differnces between 1983-1987 TK5 4x4 transmissions

That is odd. When I do a search E3TZ-7061-G brings up my website in the #2 position on the search results page.
  5. Differnces between 1983-1987 TK5 4x4 transmissions

That number is wrong. No way can a 1986 part number be ORIGINAL in a 1984 vehicle. My books tell me that E3TZ-7061-G is the original for 1984 to some 1986s (codes E67A-CA, -CB, & -CC) which was superceded by E6TZ-7061-D. 1986s with code E67A-PA and 1987s had an original part number of...
  6. C4 Bellhousings

Not an issue with 2.8/4.0 engines.
  7. C4 Bellhousings

If you are from Mukki, I have a bell housing removed from an 85 4.0L for a C4/C5 transmission and have emailed you a quote. If you are someone else, I have two of these.
  8. Worst A4LD Years - Poll

The A4LD is an AWESOME transmission. I have two 1993 3.0L Aerostars, one with 430,000 miles and one with 332,000 miles. NEITHER transmission has been out of either van. Both have had only one fluid change. Everything is factory original in my Aerostars. I typically overload the vans, often...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad