• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. Engine rebuild gone wrong

Happy new year! I have a problem and wanted to ping TRS before proceeding further. Bottom line: Rebuilt my 1999 4.0 OHV engine, fired it up the first time and it ran smooth as silk. Now it's not running at all. Think I narrowed it down to timing...maybe the gas is old and went bad? Now it's...
  2. Still sounds like a diesel

Hello friends, Obligatory 4.0L OHV with 150k miles on it. Bought it off a guy who probably didn't care for it much. Long story short, I replaced the rocker arms, lifter arms, and hydraulic lifters. Still sounds the same as it did: loud tapping and like a diesel. I'm in 100+ degree heat and have...
  3. Replaced Rocker Arms - Now its worse!

HELP! First I'd like to at least claim to have searched the entire world wide web to find the answer to my current problem. I replaced the head gaskets, lower air plenum gasket, push rods, rocker arms, valve cover gasket, header gaskets, and for break in threw some 0W-20 and a new oil filter...
  4. Hello from San Angelo, Texas

Hello folks I have been a Ranger owner since February and registered because I couldn't find an answer to the problem I am currently having. A little bit about myself Hobbyist/do it yourselfer/can't afford to pay labor and Harbor Freight enabled my behavior On my 99 Ranger with a 4.0 OHV and...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad