• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. 3.0 Duratec Engine into a 1999 3.0 Ranger

Here we go. The 2009-2012 Escape and the 2010-2011 Mercury Milan have Duratec engines the have a max HP of 240 according to Ford Specs. Understanding that the mechanical fan and the oil pan will have to be swapped due to engine orientation, does anyone have experience putting this 240 HP...
  2. 60mm Throttle Body on a 1999 3.0L

I’m considering putting a 2000 Taurus (Metal) or 2001-2008 Taurus (composite) upper intake on my 1999 3.0L XLT automatic. The metal UI is shorter than the composite and I think would fit better overall. Understanding that porting will need to be done using either one, I’m interested to know...
  3. Shark fin Antenna as 89 Ranger Replacement Antenna?

Has anyone ever replaced their stock antenna with a modern shark fin antenna? I’m thinking about putting one on my 89.
  4. 99 Ranger Bumper Swap for Fog Lights

Which Ford vehicle bumpers with built-in fog lights are a direct swap for a 99 Ranger XLT? I don’t want to attach aftermarket fog lights to my truck if there are other options.
  5. Wind Deflector on 99 Passenger Window

Rangers, Amazingly, my passenger side window stock wind deflector fell of the truck in my garage. Does anyone have any suggestions or history on what is best to use to secure it again? I don’t want to use anything that will harm the plastic deflector, the rubber window seal, or the paint...
  6. Replace Stock Oil Pump w High Volume or Electric Pump?

Rangers, Is there any tech advice on TRS or any prior threads on replacing a stock oil pump with a high volume or electric oil pump, including wiring the pump, for a 2.9L? Also, any personal experience (difficulty, benefit, engine performance improvement, etc.) or photos of the pump change...
  7. Air Box Modification, More Cold Air?

Rangers, I intend to keep the stock air box on my 89. I’ve searched the forums and the internet and have seen: 1) the original filter retained; 2) the air box cut at the bottom to allow more air to hit the ‘original’ filter; 3) the air box cut and a K&N filter (original shape); 4) the air box...
  8. Original Exhaust Manifold & Cat, Larger Pipes?

Rangers, I’m considering keeping my original exhaust on my 89 2.9L including the cat. Any thoughts on how to go to a 2-1/4 or 2-1/2” exhaust pipe and muffler after the cat and the effects? I have a 58 mm throttle body from a 86 to put on to replace the original 54 mm and I’m going to modify...
  9. 2.9L Oil Filter Upgrade?

The tech page has an Oil Filter Upgrade section but an upgrade (bigger filter) for the 2.9L isn’t shown or discussed. Does anyone know of a bigger filter that will fit the 2.9L?
  10. 130A Donor Vehicles for 89 2.9L XLT

Fellow Rangers, I’m looking to upgrade my stock alternator to a 130 amp alternator. I recall PJ412 suggesting a 94/95 Windstar and a bracket from a Chevy 350. My questions are: 1) Does TRS have a list of donor vehicles that offer the appropriate 130A alternator? If not, suggestions please...
  11. Fog Light Location on a 89 XLT?

Fellow Rangers, Where could I put a pair of fog lights on this truck without drilling into the bumper? All ideas are welcome. Also, brand and source recommendations for the fog lights are welcome.
  12. VSS Replacement on a 89 2WD Automatic Trans?

My speedometer isn’t working and I get a long stall in the shift from 1st to 2nd. She also intermittently loses power in the city and on the highway. Can’t have that! I want to start my trouble shooting by changing the Vehicle Speed Sensor first. Any help on locating it on the automatic A4LD...
  13. JBA Headers, Cat, 2.5” Pipe, Aftermarket Muffler on a Automatic 2.9L?

Fellow Rangers, As my profile shows, I’m a 89 automatic, 2WD, 2.9L kind of guy. For now. Reading through various threads, I’ve gathered that JBA stainless headers (I only found them on the JBA website and for a manual none the less), keeping the cat, 2.5” pipes, and your individual choice of...
  14. A4LD on a 302?

I’ve been reading where the C5 has a bellhousing that will bolt on to a 2.9L but C4 parts have to be put into the C5. The C4s and C5s, to my understanding, came standard in many Ford and Mercury vehicles in the mid-70s. Does this mean that a A4LD tranny would bolt on to a 302? With...
  15. A4LD Simplest Automatic Transmission Swap?

I have a 1989 XLT Extended Cab 2WD automatic with a 2.9L (134K miles) engine with original paint and in great physical shape. The transmission hangs in 2nd gear (when it gets there) and loses power when it wants to. Although new to this era of Rangers, reading other threads let’s me know the...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad