• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. ‘94 4.0L 4x4 - Hard to find parts?

RBV? I could only find "Reduced Book Value" as a definition. Ranger-Bronco-?
  2. ‘94 4.0L 4x4 - Hard to find parts?

Many thanks for the info. I backed into Ranger ownership by buying one. I am a fan. How 'bout your diff fluid maintenance?
  3. ‘94 4.0L 4x4 - Hard to find parts?

How many miles are on your '94? 1994 is in Generation II. Generation 3 is 1998 to 2011. Two different 4.0l V6 engines are involved. Please clarify. A few questions regarding the IAC (Idle Air Control) valve have come up. Even for exploratory (T&E) trials, an OE (Motorcraft) or OEM...
  4. It is here; let us begin

Have you tried inflating the tires? >14 years of water incursion....Look before you spend. See what I suggested above about getting battery voltage to it and seeing what works and what doesn't. Best of luck. I have rellies in Houston and Dallas. If I go to visit, I'll PM you.
  5. It is here; let us begin

Do you have any air compressor at all? Try pumping air into those tires just to ease moving the thing around. Re coolant: Try unscrewing the radiator's drain cock and see what comes out. It's April. You needn't fear freezing for months and months. As others have said, get it turning over...
  6. 4.0 sohc feels low on power

Glad you got it fixed. You ain't from California; that's for sure.
  7. 4.0 sohc feels low on power

6 weeks on..... You check clogged exhaust / cats with a vacuum gauge. Also, the fuel filter replacement instructions I read included having the tank near empty as fuel can siphon out. When I pulled my fuel pump fuse, the engine died immediately.
  8. 2006 Ranger XLT Wont Stay Running

3 weeks on.... Huge vacuum leak? Failed MAF sensor? Bad throttle positioning sensor?
  9. Coolant leak

That's a close-up picture of the plastic thermostat housing. You have a single sensor set up as you can see the second hole is plugged. If no hose or connection is leaking, it's safe to conclude your housing has split. There are metal replacements available. See here...
  10. Best budget mods for 4x4 Ranger

This was my thought too. I'd like the "Explorer Center Console" mod to replace the original in my Ranger but I don't think I have an international parts search in me.
  11. Cabin air filter retrofit kit?

Yeah, so many boards, so little time. I wish I could get to a Ranger in a junkyard to measure it etc. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to y'all.
  12. Beginner With A Ranger

There was a steam cleaner near me who did trucks. They used kerosene and a steam jenny to blow the thick, black grime off my old used car finds. I made -and donated to the guy- a pair of wooden ramps so he could shoot the transmissions more easily.
  13. 4.0 SOHC Throttle body screws

Maybe drilling clean through and using a 10-32 bolt, nut and washers to 'sandwich' it together is a simpler fix?
  14. 4.0 SOHC Throttle body screws

Get your hands on a metric tap & die set and determine what the thread size is. Measure the length needed. Go from there. Ha, the 'hardware store' (industrial supply house, really) I'd send you to is 3,000 miles from Oregon. Nice people in Oregon from my experience.
  15. Electric cooling fan, LMC, not as effective - need advice on shrowd physics.

That'd all be sheet metal work, no? Fabricate or alter junk yard finds.
  16. For Sale FS *Price drop* 1988 Black Ranger XLT 4WD Auto Rare Eddie Bauer Edition

Which engine and transmission does it have? No mention of fluid maintenance? I'm aghast. Maybe time to redouble your efforts? Try every Ford/truck/hillbilly-gentleman site. More pictures will help sell a nice 36 year old truck. The price will seem high to many. Have you tried cars.com...
  17. Need some help with vaccum lines 4.0sohc

Maybe that's from a VIS equipped engine from 1997-1998 -first two years for the 4.0l SOHC. The IMRC (Intake Manifold Runner Control) was a selection between two pathways....which may be what's at 12 and 6 o'clock in the photo.
  18. Need some help with vaccum lines 4.0sohc

Is that the lower intake? What year SOHC did you find?
  19. I'm back with another Ranger.

Hello XLTsplash: Please supply the name (brand) of the radiator and where you sourced it. I've searched for an aluminum replacement radiator for my Ranger, 2005 FX4 Off-Road-4.0l SOHC, with no luck. Ranger people mention 2, and even 3 row radiators. I can't find a single! Thanks
  20. Should I replace this

My error. They looked silver to me last night. Today they look like good old black plastic zip ties. Should lay off that cheap Tequilla.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad