• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. Engine Rattle But Need to Get Home

I have a 1999 Ford Ranger manual and I lent it to a friend who stalled it three times really hard he says. Needless to say he ain't borrowing it no more. Anyways, it started to make an odd rattling sound immediately after and I noticed the crankshaft pulley seemed to wobble a bit but steadied...
  2. Dash lights out

So I just put in all new audio equipment and when I buttoned it all up the dash lights don't work. Everything works audio wise headlights high beams the little center panel with the check engine light and stuff works, but my speedometer tachometer fuel level etc. Aren't on. Any ideas before I go...
  3. Serpentine Rattling

So I had been hearing a bit of a rattle under the hood at idle for quite some time, but it's gotten to be very loud and concerning. I narrowed it down to the passenger side of the engine, and when I run the engine without the serpentine belt the noise goes away. The only part of the drive belt...
  4. Engine Turns Over, Rough Idle, Stalls Out

I am relatively new to the forum and have another thread posted on my engine, but was able to resolve that issue and am now dealing with something else. So long story short, I blow a head gasket, break down on the side of the road, and dad tows me home (I'm 16). I pull the heads, they're...
  5. New Cylinder Heads = No Compression???

Hey - New user here and looking for some help I have a 2000 Mazda B4000 with a 4.0 OHV V6... I blew a head gasket and decided to just do a whole rebuild on the heads. I replaced valves, rocker arms, and pushrods on those old heads, but could not get the compression to start. Come to find out...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad