• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. B3000 SHO swap

Hey that's cool. I built a twin turbo setup for a 370z last fall. They're a really strong platform for drifting. Not my cup of tea for styling though. I wouldn't mess with the new sho motors. They're strong, sure, but they don't have the heritage or uniqueness of the old sho. I haven't...
  2. B3000 SHO swap

Last little bit of work for a while, as my traveling work season is kicking off. I finally got the cab back on the frame, for the time being. It will come off once more too do a final clean up on frame, mount the front a-arms and shocks, and undercoat the bottom of the cab. I ordered a set of...
  3. B3000 SHO swap

That's a pretty massive scoop! It's a little overstated for my tastes though. I would rather trim the hood to fit around the turbo, add some rubber trim, and call it good. I am really tired of working on this frame. I'm ready to move on and start working on getting this thing actually put...
  4. B3000 SHO swap

Uneventful but successful day. I made the brackets to secure the radiator lines to the frame. I was putting it off and finally got it done. I also shortened the height of the tubes coming out of the bed. I was planning on putting the radiator across the down tubes of the cage but I think...
  5. B3000 SHO swap

Would anyone be able to do me a favor and measure their truck? I'm curious how far the frame sits below the rockers. I forgot to measure that before pulling the body
  6. B3000 SHO swap

It actually will clear the hood just fine. There's a picture of it in the bay in one of the earlier pages. I'm considering doing a body drop on the cab, so I guess maybe after that it will stick through the hood. I don't know if the cab will get low enough for me. I have the frame ride...
  7. B3000 SHO swap

(y) in case it's not obvious, the hand brake will activate a second set of rear calipers that area independent from the oe calipers and factory parking brake.
  8. B3000 SHO swap

Self explanatory.
  9. B3000 SHO swap

Rear shock mounts are done, but I still need springs. Brake lines are 99% done. Rear secondary caliper brackets are one. The rear shock mounts are custom. The QA1s are actually for an F-body 4-link kit package I picked up from summit 18 months ago during an "open stock" sale event. I have...
  10. B3000 SHO swap

I was able to put some time in to the truck today. Got some fun stuff done, and a bunch of not fun stuff. Control arms are "done", for now. I still want to add some gusseting to them, but I am going to wait until I get the wheels and can check my clearance. I want to maximize the gusseting...
  11. B3000 SHO swap

Thank! It's not. I was going to use a third rear end, but it's way old tech, with components that are extremely weak by today's standards. This is a 2017 mustang gt rear end with an aluminum 8.8. It has better gearing for what I am doing than the tbird, better suspension geometry, stronger...
  12. 3.0/3.2 SHO swap

Have you seen my thread in this same forum? I have detailed all the hard stuff to make it work. Use the sho mtx flywheel, Lumia z34 or custom disk, sho pressure plate, sho starter, ranger pilot bearing, m5od engine plate, and m5od tranny. You have to modify the motor plate and tranny to clear...
  13. B3000 SHO swap

So thanks to covid I haven't really had time or spare funds to work on the truck. I have a small break in the shop work right now to squeeze in some work on it and I've been slowly stock piling parts. I finally decided on a wheel package and will hopefully have wheels and tires coming soon...
  14. B3000 SHO swap

LOL the chain tensioners stay.Sorry. Fixzin, I'm planning on using QA1 double adjustables in the rears. I'm not sure what I'll use in the front. I have a bunch of take-off coilovers from old customers projects, BMW and VW mostly. I'll probably adapt one of those to work. Or I'll find a...
  15. B3000 SHO swap

So I lied about it being ready for the cab...... You're going to have to suffer through this post and one more. Today I (finally) finished up all the frame boxing. there were a few spots where the frame doesn't follow a straight line and they needed filler patches. So that's finally all done...
  16. B3000 SHO swap

It's funny you mention that. Check out "Trucks!" Project called Rolling Thunder. It wasn't the inspiration for this build. In fact, I didn't find out about it until about a month ago. So my customer projects are all wrapped up for a short while, so it's time to kick ass on the frame again...
  17. B3000 SHO swap

All the tubes are in and I've started burning in the rails. About 2/3 of the boxing plates are done, and a couple of tube joints. What I did is way overkill, but I want this thing rigid. I left no node unsupported. Before there was about 3 inches of torsional twist in the frame. Now...
  18. B3000 SHO swap

Started the monkey bars. About half of them it. Although most of the remaining ones are basically gussets. I went to mount the IRS and found that the plinths either got bumped at blasting or the blasting stress relieved the metal as they no longer line up. The alignment studs are a .010"...
  19. B3000 SHO swap

Frame boxing plates tack welded in and started bending tubes. I also got the lower irs plates welded in. It's amazing how much the frame boxing helped increase torsional stability on this chassis, even with minimal horizontal bracing. I'm hoping to get most of the tubes bent up tomorrow but I...
  20. B3000 SHO swap

Frame went to blasting yesterday and is back this morning got everything painted in steel-it. I only ordered about half as many cans as I thought I needed, so some is still raw, but I can easily clean any flash rust off to paint . The dimpled parts are frame boxing plates and will get welded...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad