• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. bizeeb

1984 Ford Ranger, Name that part?!

So the battery has been hooked up for about 4 full days now, after the first day hooked up read at 12.3, then went to 12.2 then to 12 and then 11.8. So has only been dropping about .2 amps per day. Taking off that sensor seemed to have fixed a big draw to a small draw. Gonna go through the fuses...
  2. bizeeb

Thanks! appreciate it. That makes a ton of sense. There is a sticker on the drivers window that says "this vehicle is equipped with a mobile security system" so must be attached that now that I'm thinking about it.
  3. bizeeb

Thanks to everyone commenting, really appreciate it! I sent emails to all local shops in my area and wrenching friends and couldn't get an answer. Does anyone have any recommendations to check if this doesn't fix my battery draw issue? its a major draw to pull a whole battery to nothing in 3-4...
  4. bizeeb

Yesterday morning was when I first tried bypassing it, so battery is hooked up now and I will know here in a few days after reading my battery each day and fingers crossed its still holding power.
  5. bizeeb

Thanks for your reply. You know that very well could be it, it does have a button that the hood pushes down, I thought it could be some sort of engine bay light but there isn't any trace of one. Other thoughts were some sort of alarm system. Seems to be stock though cause this truck was coated...
  6. bizeeb

Hey Guys, New this forum, Ive been working on this 1984 Ford Ranger for quite some time. Recently ran into a part that I can't get an answer on. Has no part number or any trace of what it could be. I have been dealing with a battery draw issue for months and can't figure out where the short...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad