• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. What year rear sliders will work in my 1988 Ext. cab?

I have a leaky rear slider and want to replace it. I'm assuming it's a bolt in style? Can anyone tell me what year Rangers I can grab one from possibly out of the junk yard.
  2. WTB: Rear sliding window 1986-2012 Ranger

From what I can gather through my google search any slider from 1986-2012 will fit mt 88 model Ranger Ext cab.. What's for sale out there that doesn't leak?
  3. Aluminum running boards - Should fit 1982-1992 Ranger (Maybe Bronco II?) Local p/u in Charlotte, NC area.

Good condition set of aluminum running boards from my 1988 Ford Ranger ext. cab pick up. These can be cut down to fit standard cab models, as well. Should fit Rangers (possibly Bronco II) from 1982-1992 and maybe other small trucks too. Length is 92 7/8” from mudflap to mudflap. Asking $35 obo...
  4. Fel-Pro blue valve cover gaskets only $11.42 + shipping at rockauto.com

I hope this is allowed. Just wanted to pass this along to anyone looking to save a few bucks on these gaskets. They normally run in the $40 range. I paid $19 and change delivered for a set.
  5. Yet another seat fitment question

Long shot but, has anyone used the seats from an early 2000's Explorer Sport Trac in a Gen 1 (1988) Ranger?
  6. Driver/Passenger window channel weatherstrip question

I see two types available and don't know which I should get. Both are supposed to be for my year Ranger. In the pic below I circled in red the part that is present on the strip in the kit from eBay but is not on the strip from the kit on Rockauto.
  7. Any benefit to installing a 180 degree thermostat?

I have read that the 2.9 can benefit from a 180 degree thermostat to keep the engine temperature down reducing the chances of cracking the head. Any truth to that?
  8. Can I temporarily delete my a/c system?

I am eventually going to change the system in my 88 Ranger over to R134. I will be changing out pretty much everything except the compressor. Can I remove the system for now and reinstall it when I am able to afford the new parts? It would make changing my valve cover gaskets much easier.
  9. Motor wants to die for the first few minutes.

When I first start my motor it i have to keep my foot on the throttle to keep the rpms up or it will die. After a few minutes, it’s fine. What would cause that?
  10. Rear slider is leaking ?

I was washing my new to me 88 Ranger tonight and noticed the rear window is leaking through the weather stripping at the slider. What’s the best source for a replacement? I’d rather not go used and inherit another leak issue.
  11. So, what weight oil are you all using?

My (new to me) 88 Ranger has 176k on it. Getting ready to do an oil change. What weight oil are y’all using in your 2.9’s?
  12. Breakaway mirror inner door bracket?

I have the small sport style mirrors currently on my 88 Ranger. I'd like to replace them with the breakaway style. Where can I get the inner door bracket needed for this retrofit?
  13. R134A conv. on a 1988 Ranger

**Edit** I guess I should have used the search function first. I found some good info already in the correct sub-forum. Still, any more insight would be welcomed. How difficult and costly is an R134a conversion on a 1988 Ranger? I haven't bought the truck yet but I am looking at it today and may...
  14. Hey from NC!

Hello all. Looking at possibly picking up a 1988 Supercab XLT from the original owner this weekend. I had a 97 Supercab 15 years ago but sold it.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad