• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. Lug Nuts too shallow for custom wheels?

I have thread engagement at more than the minimum, and it's not an issue of flat spots. I'll try and re-seating of the wheels. I had all the work done at a regionally known chain. I know that guarantees nothing. Best to you.
  2. Lug Nuts too shallow for custom wheels?

Own a 2006 2.3 XL 5 sp. single cab. A few months back I bought some American Racing aluminum 15x7's to dress it up. I also bought std size/depth chrome lug nuts, brand new Kumho tires, too. Now I have no more than 500 miles on the wheels/tires, but I've noticed the ride isn't as smooth as it...
  3. I need a source for Tach/Speedo lighting (LED or aftermarket replacement bulbs)

Over half of the speedo/tach bulbs in my ranger instrument cluster have burnt out. Parts guy at Ford wants to charge me a ridiculous per-bulb price - their cost is @ $13 a bulb. Does anyone have manufacturer/distributor recommendations for buying either an aftermarket or LED conversion...
  4. Ranger Generation 3: 60/40 Bench Seat Swapping - Easy, or......?

We'll see....all these questions were in preparation for me (finally) getting my 2006 back from a long term loan. The 2006 will be gussied up to again be my preferred truck. I'm excited (it doesn't take much to get me there nowadays. Later this year I will report back on the entire swap. I'm...
  5. Ranger Generation 3: 60/40 Bench Seat Swapping - Easy, or......?

Cool, thanks. Appreciate your response and knowledge on this.
  6. Ranger Generation 3: 60/40 Bench Seat Swapping - Easy, or......?

Dirtman, That's great information, thanks. If I can summarize your response, the driver-side 2006 (out) to 2000 (in) is 100% drop-in and any/all electrical (switch/sensor) connections connect up with no mods. But... Since you infer the 2006 base seat may be just a tad different from the...
  7. Ranger Generation 3: 60/40 Bench Seat Swapping - Easy, or......?

I have a 2006 XL (2.3, 5 sp. regular cab) where BOTH the driver and passenger (60/40 bench) seats are trashed. The donor is from a 2000 XL, (2.5, 5 sp. regular cab)- same type 60/40 bench, completely reupholstered. Is it a drop-in swap, all the way down to the sensor/airbag connections, or......?
  8. Ranger Generation 3: 60/40 Bench seat swapping - Easy or.....?

I have a 2006 XL (2.3, 5 sp. regular cab) where BOTH the driver and passenger (60/40 bench) seats are trashed. The donor is from a 2000 XL, (2.5, 5 sp. regular cab)- same type 60/40 bench, completely reupholstered. Is it a drop-in swap, all the way down to the sensor/airbag connections, or......?
  9. 2000 Ranger to 2006 Ranger seat swap - straight up bolt-in or mods needed ?

Both are XL, single cab. I want to swap out passenger and driver side on both trucks. Reason is a cost-savings move. Hoping its a bolt-in and electrical connect-up with no mods.... Can anyone comment from experience ?
  10. Which truck would you keep

The Decision: I kept the 97: The extended cab and the older truck mojo it has just won out. Son #1 gets the 2006. Goddam, I'll miss it, but it stays in the family, along with my 2000 2.5 XL that son #3 now has.
  11. Which truck would you keep

Yeah you're right I was talking out my ass on that number. What I meant to imply was that I think it will tow @ 2,000 lbs. I was just now thinking of towing, using the 3.0 to pull a teardrop trailer, nothing huge. Still the teardrops can get a little over 2k loaded up, but my gut tells me yeah...
  12. Which truck would you keep

I do dump runs, no trailer pulling, although I'm giving it thought. I think the 97 w/3.0 engine has a gvwr of less than 2000 lbs, not a plus.
  13. Which truck would you keep

That has crossed my mind countless times.
  14. Which truck would you keep

Don't say that hasn't crossed my mind. I'm can be weird like that.
  15. Which truck would you keep

Thanks guys - My oldest son's 34 - not a kid. He's looking at using the truck as a commuter for a year or two, then it will be relegated to a weekend hauler, as he wants to get a regular 4-door car for the family. That leads me to want to give him the 97. But yeah, I like the extended cab and...
  16. Which truck would you keep

I currently own 2 trucks: 1997 XLT Extended cab, 3.0 Manual, 170K. Strong runner. Transmission smooth, new-ish clutch. New AC/New Alt, Blend door replaced. Interior 7/10. Engine solid, body is VG, Have aluminum wheels which give it a nice vibe. Needs new paint to make it look pristine, but as...
  17. Opinions on 1985 Ranger up for sale

I'm surprised you even had to ask people here if this was a good buy - I'd have paid the guy every penny he wanted and drove away like I stole it....because that's what you did.
  18. Recommendations for new AC kits - 97' 3.0 5 sp. XLT

Fellow Ranger owners - The time has come to do a complete AC retrofit on my truck. As the title says, it's a 97, 3.0, 5 sp. 170K on the clock. I'm looking for recommendations for a Manufacturer or distributor that puts out a solid high quality AC replacement kit for my truck. Something that...
  19. Introduction

YAY...enjoy !
  20. Hello from Northern California

See what I mean?

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad