• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. 93 3.0 Ranger idle issues (code 412 and noticeably weak idle)

RonD to the rescue! Thank you for getting back to me. So i went out there this morning to check the voltages with the multimeter set to 20v. With key in 'on' position, engine off, the IAC wires read 11.9v. The battery measured normal with engine off (above 12v), but with the engine running...
  2. 93 3.0 Ranger idle issues (code 412 and noticeably weak idle)

So, second time posting in a few weeks. My recently acquired ranger throws the code 412 (check engine light is not on), and the engine dies down a bit here and there while idling. I checked the IAC and it looks like its been replaced at some point and did not have much of a build up inside. I...
  3. Loss of Power after distributor and ignition coil replacement

UPDATE: RonD, I went in and adjusted it according to your directions and its even better, definitely back to where it was before. On the last adjustment it was shifting at higher rpms, now its where an automatic ought to shift. Plus in pulls at higher speeds unlike before. Thank you. `
  4. Loss of Power after distributor and ignition coil replacement

Ok then I'll have to go through it again, I did not take these steps. I was popping the SPOUT in and out while the truck was running. Then I would adjust it so that the 10 deg would line up, compensating for how much it moves when popping the SPOUT back in. It only seemed like it moved 5 deg...
  5. Loss of Power after distributor and ignition coil replacement

UPDATE: RonD. You were right. This whole time I was doing it wrong. I unplugged the entire ignition module rather than just the SPOUT connector. I know, I'm an idiot. I also went over to the shop I took the truck to and the guy who oversaw the tech who worked on it did not know about the SPOUT...
  6. Loss of Power after distributor and ignition coil replacement

Ok that's good to know about the codes. First thing I'm doing is checking the timing with my light.
  7. Loss of Power after distributor and ignition coil replacement

I did not ask about this, but I do know about it and assume they took care of it. I left it disconnected when I brought it to them and it was reconnected when I got it back. I will try re-timing it to make sure. Could it be anything else?
  8. Loss of Power after distributor and ignition coil replacement

So. I took it upon myself to switch out my distributor since it was squeaking badly and the engine surged a bit when it worked its way up to idle on a cold start. I just got this truck a few weeks ago so i do not know much about its history other than the fact that its been fixed when something...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad