• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. Mystery squeak- Still not fixed

I've been chasing a squeak on my friend's 01 Ranger 3.0 2WD. We already replaced the belt, belt tensioner, idler pulley, and camshaft synchronizer (motorcraft). It chirps every time the ac compressor kicks on and off and it will randomly squeak while driving and idling (drive and park), even if...
  2. Mystery squeak and vacuum leak

My friend's ranger has been squeaking (seems to be from the back part of the engine) for a while. It really only happens when you lightly accelerate on the freeway (without downshifting, just lugging the engine), and it's quite faint. The heavier the load, (turning the wheel, ac, etc.) the...
  3. Rough, fluctuating idle

My friend and I are fixing and building his 2001 Ranger 3.0. We have most of the issues resolved, but still, a few remain. The real bugger right now is a rough, fluctuating idle that surges when it is cold. I suspect a vacuum leak, but I have tested with propane and brake cleaner and have found...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad