• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. Saddle Tramp

April 2024 Truck of The Month Voting

Thanks guys! 👍😎
  2. Saddle Tramp

New tools you've bought recently?

I bought a shallow/standard 27mm socket. I will get to those timing chain tensioner pistons.
  3. Saddle Tramp

April 2024 Truck of The Month Voting

I voted. As for nominating others, where do you find the pictures of the trucks?
  4. Saddle Tramp

Why There's No Rangers

They don't have a Ford dealer at the Redneck Yacht Club. :D
  5. Saddle Tramp

1994 Ford Ranger Pickup Red 4WD Automatic

Original owner had over 147,000 miles on it before selling it to the second owner. 03/20/2017 FREEHOLD, NJ 147,802 Showing this because the E-bay general ad has it at 3,000. Mileage 3000
  6. Saddle Tramp

What did YOU do today?

Thanks for solving that for me.
  7. Saddle Tramp

What did YOU do today?

I think part of the problem on the passenger side was that I was using a deep well socket instead of a regular one. I think that added bulk length that changed the angle enough for it to slip off the corners of the tensioner head instead of catching them. Thanks for the tips!
  8. Saddle Tramp

What did YOU do today?

I need those for hurricane season! :love:
  9. Saddle Tramp

What did YOU do today?

I totally failed at replacing the timing chain tensioners on my 4.0. The truck was up on jack stands and I just couldn't get the socket to stay on the nut end of the tensioner. The u-joint on the extension destroyed any pressure I could put on it. I started taking the entire wheel well cover...
  10. Saddle Tramp

Thoughts on the ford courier

Road trip!
  11. Saddle Tramp

What do you think of this persons 02 ranger ad ??

The features seem legit. I'd want to know if the 4wd had ever been used. Hate to have all the seals and hoses tear apart by turning them on for the first time.
  12. Saddle Tramp

Wish we could get this here...

That would be nice. 😍
  13. Saddle Tramp

What did you do to your Ranger today? (Part Deux!)

Found some leaks. Valve cover gaskets, oil pan, and the crankshaft main seal. So, I had those done and with it, flushed the cooling system, spark plugs, wires, EGR valve sensor, and an oil change. And they found a crack in the A/C line so that was repaired too.
  14. Saddle Tramp

What did YOU do today?

Thank you.😊. I still can't believe I found one with less than 30K miles on it.
  15. Saddle Tramp

What did YOU do today?

I helped my coworker join the cult. He bought a 2009 Ford Ranger XLT. It's the 2.3, extended cab, 2wd version with an automatic. It went for roughly the asking price of Rangers with 120,000-170,000miles on them, but this one has a bit less.
  16. Saddle Tramp

Toby keith passed away.

The news shocked me.
  17. Saddle Tramp

Footwear of choice?

Sounds to me like you're looking for a mix of durability, flex, and comfort. Have you looked at a moctoe boot? They don't have the hard vibram sole, but flex well.
  18. Saddle Tramp

What age was everyone when their rangers were built

I was 41 when my 2011 was built.
  19. Saddle Tramp

What did you do to your Ranger today? (Part Deux!)

That was my original plan, but the wife was afraid of spots and stains on the driveway.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad