• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. After market guages Temp/oil pressure/volts

But now the dash ones dont work at all. I'd like to have both. Usually motors have some extra ports for this stuff. I'm no pro but my old 59 flat head had a few ports for both water and oil
  2. After market guages Temp/oil pressure/volts

Hi all. I was wondering if someone could give me some help? I have a 83 Ranger 2.3 and I only have idiot lights in the dash. I would like to hook up a after market 3 pack of gauges. Do these 2.3 motors have a extra port that taps into the water jacket so I could put in a temp gauge? Also what...
  3. 83 ranger carburated high idle

Well it's been a while. I pulled the carb off and the 4 bolts on the underside weren't loose but weren't very tight either. I plue lock tight on them and got them tight. What was lose like way loose was the two nuts that hold the carb itself to the intake. I got it all tightened up and it does...
  4. 83 ranger carburated high idle

Do I need to worry about the two lines I found? I'm not sure what those two do
  5. 83 ranger carburated high idle

I'd also add I cant believe how much vacuum and bs is under this hood. I have a 86 toyota Dolphin (motorhome) that engine bay is easy as 123 lol.
  6. 83 ranger carburated high idle

As for the carb bolts I can see one. I can feel a second across from the one but that's it. I dont see or feel 4. You sure this carb bolts down with 4 bolts And it just has a smell when it's running kinda burns your nose. I relate it to too much feel in my day. Maybe it's just oil.
  7. 83 ranger carburated high idle

I will get the 4 bolts tight. Which carb do I have anyone know? I also noticed some airlines broken see photos its 2 line both going to the computer area The one end has a boot but nothing to plug into. I also noticed the damper on the air intake is open when cold. I have not started the...
  8. 83 ranger carburated high idle

That's a photo on my carb. I gave it a good shake and its doesnt wobble for say but I can see it move a little. The throttle is closed. I notice to when running seems like Its running too rich from the smell. Sorry for the long reply. I apologize and appreciate all the help
  9. 83 ranger carburated high idle

Its a 2.3 4 cylinder. I the cold start was way to high when I first bought it. I got the cold start operating pretty dang good. But once warm I'd say its probably idling around 1000rpm maybe 1100. Just needs to come down a little. I also notice the idle screw next to the cold start screw is...
  10. 83 ranger carburated high idle

My truck has a high idle. I feel even when cold the cold start seems real high. Then after a min it will drop down but still be idling high. Its carburated. I also noticed the idle adjustment screw isnt even touching the carb. Could my cold start be adjusted wrong?
  11. Altinator help

I answered my own questions. But in case someone else wants to know the black boot goes to sta on altinator. Black wire goes to choke on carb
  12. Altinator help

I pulled my altinator the other day and now I'm unsure of 2 things first is what terminal does the black boot clip on to? Second this black wire pulled out from somewhere but I dont know where see pictures. The loose wire is like the other end of that same terminal
  13. check engine light comes on when placed into 4x4

Just for clarification both lights go off when in 2wd
  14. check engine light comes on when placed into 4x4

So let me correct myself when I put the truck in 4wd I have two lights come on I assume one is the 4x4 indicator light but what's the other. I also attached a pic of my dash
  15. check engine light comes on when placed into 4x4

per my vin it says my motor is the 2.3L when it comes to my cluster not tach, I noticed temp, oil pres, and volts are just idiot lights
  16. check engine light comes on when placed into 4x4

im not sure. just thought maybe these older truck had a common bug
  17. check engine light comes on when placed into 4x4

I just bought this ranger for 350.00 and when I put it into 4 wheel dive my check engine light comes on. when I take it out of 4 wheel drive it goes out. any ideas on this issue? Its a 1983 ford ranger 2.3l motor.
  18. new owner of a 1983 Ranger 4x4 4 speed 2.3

Hi I'M Mike. I just bought a new to me 1983 Ford Ranger. 4 speed 4x4. It runs and drives but needs a lot of work. but for 350.00 bucks I'm happy :)

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad