• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. T.Wolf

No Instrument Illumination after Odometer gear replacement.

1996 Ranger Super Cab, 4cyl, 5m, - I went through the whole process of removing the cluster, repairing the gear, and putting everything back. Great success! Only to find out when it got dark that I have no cluster illumination. The warning lights all work fine. Turn signal & high beam...
  2. T.Wolf

Odometer/Trip meter advice '96 2.3l 5spd 2wd XLT supercab

I've read through the options to repair or replace the odometer motor and worm gear - I get it. However, in my list of symptoms the speedometer works fine, the odometer has stopped working after a long road trip, and the trip meter doesn't turn and hasn't worked well or been "reset-able" since...
  3. T.Wolf

New '96 Ranger owner seeking wisdom from folks who've been there...

I appreciate any help as well as your patience with my ignorance of the ranger. This is my first, that I've owned about a week. I put an alternator and new battery in it already. The original alternator (according to the original owner) had never been replaced at nearly 259,000 miles. Timing...
  4. T.Wolf

96 Ranger XLT ext cab 5spd 2.3l wiring harness

In the process of stripping out an old audiovox alarm. I ran across a harness that had been tapped in the cab to the left of the steering column. I'm trying to restore it to factory connections. It has 4 wires a red, a black, white/black stripe, and an Orange. The black and the orange were both...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad