• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. ac fan-fuse 27 pass comp keeps burning out

I sold the car WITH the problem for the next owner. Thank you guys for all the help. It is really appreciated.
  2. ac fan-fuse 27 pass comp keeps burning out

Thanks Ron D. I unplugged the blend door actuator a long time ago so that may not interfere anymore. I tried 15 and 20 amps with no result. They burn within minutes. So i will change the coil. See what that does.
  3. ac fan-fuse 27 pass comp keeps burning out

Thanks. I will swap it out for a 15amp next time it blows.
  4. ac fan-fuse 27 pass comp keeps burning out

And the fuse blew again after 14 days. So maybe there is another short circuit somewhere. I changed the fuse and now it works again. I am waiting for the clutch coil to clear customs due to a long delay. It is a shame not to try it as i have the part already.
  5. ac fan-fuse 27 pass comp keeps burning out

Luckily FORD put the number at the first pin and last pin of each row (1~27, 28~52,etc) so that helped a lot. Finally installed the external relay and problem solved. Thanks guys for all the help. Greetings from a cold car in the HOT Caribbean!
  6. ac fan-fuse 27 pass comp keeps burning out

RonD, you were right. Drove around 2 weeks with AC compressor clutch unplugged but then the fuse started blowing again. So no easy fix by replacing the clutch coil and i have to install that external relay. Has anyone the pin out diagram for easy location of wires (41,69 and 86) in the PCM...
  7. ac fan-fuse 27 pass comp keeps burning out

Found 2 vids covering a delaminating coil causing a short..
  8. ac fan-fuse 27 pass comp keeps burning out

Due to Eddo;'s remark I decided to unplug the AC compressor connector GRY/WHT+BLKbefore installing the external relay. Now the fuse does not blow anymore. Ofcourse I have no working AC. Guess the short is in the compressor itself ?
  9. ac fan-fuse 27 pass comp keeps burning out

@ericD I forgot to mention that I actually disconnected the VIO wire completely from the VENT panel switch last week (it clicks right out if you depress the tab in the connector) and drove around with no FAN or AC because of it. No fuse blown ofcourse. I guess no FAN as the RED/ORG is also...
  10. ac fan-fuse 27 pass comp keeps burning out

Thanks. @eric D. Today i will cut the VIO wire. After i will put the external 4P relay. The advised wiring by the workshop was 41(vio) on pin85, BLK/YEL on 86 and 87 and PNK/YEL on 30. Seems correct,right? @EDDO At the workshop they bridged the current at the relay slot in the BJB and the...
  11. ac fan-fuse 27 pass comp keeps burning out

Thanks Ron D. U r a great help. I have a 6cyl 3.0. Just for my understanding: Would it be wise to measure resistance in the black/yellow wire and the pink/yellow wire ? As I understood they are involved in the short in the PCM itself,right? I will check with the workshop to schedule that work...
  12. ac fan-fuse 27 pass comp keeps burning out

They checked the short of the purple wire again at the workshop with the test light attached to fuse slot 27. And me under the hood re-and disconnecting the PCM connector at the firewall. It turns out the short is only there with the PCM computer attached. We opened it and it looked brandnew...
  13. ac fan-fuse 27 pass comp keeps burning out

Thanks. I checked all of the 4 wires which run almost directly into a big bundle of wires (taped together by factory) with all the other accessories from the control panel and radio. No visual damage at all. It runs up to a T-junction with 1 running left to dashboard and 1 right to the actuator...
  14. ac fan-fuse 27 pass comp keeps burning out

Goodmorning. Anyone can help me out? Kinda stuck..
  15. ac fan-fuse 27 pass comp keeps burning out

Thanks Ron D. I pulled out the climate control panel and unplugged the wiring connector. I measured resistance number 0.00 on both the purple and red wire. I measured resistance number 1 on the other 2 wires. The same result with PCM connector disconnected. I performed all readings with the...
  16. ac fan-fuse 27 pass comp keeps burning out

Thanks RonD and EricB. I ran the car for 2 weeks without the AC on, using just the fan. So with the mode selector switch on the VENT position, 1 click counter clock wise. Fuse 27 did not blew. If i put the mode selector switch in any other position and thus activating the AC, the fuse blows...
  17. ac fan-fuse 27 pass comp keeps burning out

Thanks Eric B. I skipped this step so will do that first. The truck is from 2005 and AC fan is used every day. What resistance should i measure ? 0?
  18. brake light switch at emergency brake failed

Thanks. Level is fine but i will check that switch as well.
  19. brake light switch at emergency brake failed

The problem is the emergency brake indicator light in the dash is always on. A few weeks ago when i pressed the emergency brake light switch myself at the emergency brake pedal myself it stopped illuminating. Now that does not even help and as you can read the switch workes fine.
  20. brake light switch at emergency brake failed

I removed it and cleaned it up. Works fine so continuity when emergency brake is engaged and open when not. I could not measure the connecting cable as i could not enter the probes into the connector. It broke on me. What further to check?

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad