• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. Shock Help

1998 Ranger 3.0 - I'm replacing the front shocks and have a problem with the length of the threads on the replacements. I took off Motorcraft F-87A-18045-DH's with 1½" threads and the replacements have only 1". This isn't enough to compress two biscuits and washers enough to install the retainer...
  2. Dechroming a 1998 XLT wheel?

I was already resigned to destroying the cladding to get it off. And, once removed, there's no use for them anyway. I've got 5 of these so I might try it on the spare. I'll know soon enough how much grunt I'm willing to expend to get one off. Thanx!
  3. Dechroming a 1998 XLT wheel?

My 1998 XLT 15" steel wheels have the chrome cladding on the face. How easy is it to remove these faux faces? I don't see how they are attached so what's the method? It occurred to me that painted black with a red bead stripe and the stock bolt cap would be about as cool a stock wheel as I could...
  4. A Ranger in Pre-Columbian Georgia

Hello folks... I'm a newbie to the forums here at TRS and I'm excited to become a member. I'm not unfamiliar with the site since I used the available resources a few years back to summon the courage to change a cam position sensor on my 1997 3.0 XLT. That truck (damn, I loved that truck) was...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad