• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. 95 with 2.3L testing TPS have code P1120

Thanks, i ended up putting it on there yesterday but haven't been out the house to see how it runs yet. Hopefully that's it
  2. 2.3L 95 ranger hard start, sometimes "bangs"

Thanks for your help, i haven't had time to double check it with the number the coils. but it appears that that was the problem. Its started up perfectly every time since I swapped them around
  3. 95 with 2.3L testing TPS have code P1120

Hey everyone. I watched a few videos on how to check the TPS.. should be 0v .3v and 5v. And then to check that it climbs up and down smoothly. All checks out. That said I was using my multimeter wrong at the beginning and didn't realize until o tested the new one I was about to put on. It was...
  4. 2.3L 95 ranger hard start, sometimes "bangs"

This diagram is for a 92, should be the same in 95 right? Going by the diagram everything is right except 1 and 2 for the back coil or swapped around. The front could is the same as the diagram
  5. 2.3L 95 ranger hard start, sometimes "bangs"

Hello everyone, I'm not sure if this is the best section to post this in. If not let me know and I'll move it. So I have a Manuel 95 Ford ranger with a 2.3 with 1300,000 miles on it. So when I go to start it it sometimes starts perfect other times of bands and starts or rattles around then bangs...
  6. Quick help, slave cylinder won't bleed?

Hey guys, I changed out a warn clutch and slave and wrapping up the job. Blead the master and now trying to gravity bleed the slave. But the slave won't gravity bleed. I can push the Peadle and get some fluid and air to come out the but I've heard you shouldn't do that and just gravity bleed it...
  7. M5r1 bell housing bolt lengths?

Thank you thank you, I had found that video day before yesterday and was coming here to ask if it seemed right. We're on the gulf coast and had to pack up and get away from that storm but when we get back home I'ma go off of it and just take my time to verify nothing bottoms out.
  8. M5r1 bell housing bolt lengths?

Thanks, I asked.on that other thread to see what they have found out. @Shran I have 8 bolt holes. From top down the First row go to the engine, next row bell housing, next two alignment pins next row bell housing , last row into the engine
  9. Finally have to pull the trans.

If you don't mind I have a question,I have a 95 with the 2.3 l and m50r1 transmission. Not sure if our bell housing are the same but I have 8 bolt holes, one bolt was missing and of the 7 I have one is about 3/8" longer. I'm wondering if this is the right bolt and if so which hole is it for? I...
  10. M5r1 bell housing bolt lengths?

Hello, I'm changing my clutch in my 95 with a 2.3L in it. Everything went good and I got the transmission back up. But I didn't pay attention when I took out the bolts; Anyone know if all the bolts should be the same length? I have 1 bolt thats about a 1/2" longer than the other 5 I have and I...
  11. M5r1 should I rebuild it found "shavings"

Not sure if it's normal but mesuring across the front face of the transmission the input shaft has a 1/16 of play side to side. And yeah, very puzzling, thinking someone might be screwing with me. Lol
  12. M5r1 should I rebuild it found "shavings"

Thank you, So I'm mechanically inclined but no real idea as to what I'm looking at. Just watched a bunch of videos before jumping in. The transmission was easy to drop.(only one I've ever dropped but not bad) got the clutch off. Don't know what I'm looking at but the Clutch looks fine and don't...
  13. M5r1 should I rebuild it found "shavings"

Hello everyone, I have a 95 with a 2.3 and 2wd. It's got 127000 miles on it. For the last year ive had some some problems shifting. Downshifting at a stop I have to go into second before 1st. And when I start the truck I have to wait a few seconds otherwise it'll grind or slam when I put it in...
  14. 2.3L 2nd vs 3rd gen ranger, a few random questions

I've had a V8 for a while and it's about ran into the ground and time to make a change. Realistically I don't "need" that much truck. So after searching quite a lot I'm pretty sure I want to go with a 2.3L ext.cab ranger with a mannual trans. For work I have about 1000lbs of gear in the bed, I'm...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad