• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. dwhile

Oil leak pooling near distributor

Alright, I'll poke around at work and try to find one that'll fit. I grabbed a handful before we closed yesterday but haven't been able try them out.
  2. dwhile

(y) point taken. Will gently yank her out and take care of it.
  3. dwhile

Any idea if that o-ring is replaceable? Or am I better off ordering a new distributor? I can get it in at work if needed.
  4. dwhile

2.8l engine

I'm running a two barrel Holley marine carb, I can tell you the numeric designation once I'm off work.
  5. dwhile

I've got to adjust my valves this weekend too, so I'll be in the neighborhood ;)
  6. dwhile

(y) will do. Didn't think to check that.
  7. dwhile

Hey all, while driving my Ranger I noticed the smell of burning oil. Crawling underneath, I can see where oil is dripping onto the exhaust. Following the leak, I noticed on the top side of the engine that oil is pooling around where the distributor goes in. Anyone have experience with this? If...
  8. dwhile

TK4 won't go into gear after TO bearing replacement

Little bit of information in case anyone has a similar problem after replacing master cyl in the early Ranger truck: the new manufacturing run of master cylinders features a pushrod that is too short to engage the clutch. Poured some steel BBs into the master cyl hole and the truck is shifting...
  9. dwhile

For closure : took truck to a shop, no air in the cylinders. Bleed was done correctly. New style master cylinders have a pushrod that is too short. The shop lengthened the rod and it shifted right into gear. On the way home from the shop, temperature gauge shot up to 280; all the coolant had...
  10. dwhile

Old throw out bearing was making quite a racket. Dropped trans and replaced the bearing. Then, I had issues with old clutch cylinders. Replaced them, then had issues bleeding the system. Built a power bleeder that did the trick. Now, upon starting the truck and attempting to back out of the...
  11. dwhile

Bleeding problem TK4

Hello all, been reading these forums to guide me through a throw out bearing replacement on my recently purchased Ranger. Here's whats going on : - Master cylinder was destroyed, replaced it with new unit - Slave cylinder appeared to be leaking and super old, replaced with new unit...
  12. dwhile

New member in South Carolina

Hey everyone, Just officially joining the forum that has guided me through my throw out bearing replacement. Bought my first Ranger a few weeks ago: 84 2.8 with 4wd and 4 speed. Having some issues with clutch hydraulic system, but that post will go in the appropriate place ;) Thanks in...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad