• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. Cuts off

Checked spark today and have spark and fuel pressure. However, engine won't start after idling for a bit. So now , correct me if I am wrong, injection pulse would be the next thing. If I have no injection pulse this would point to a bad PC? Is there a good way to check for injection pulse during...
  2. Cuts off

I will assume these are the ECM grounds I will take them off and make sure they are touching ground I will ohm them first. Those are on the driver side fender same side as the ECM and about 6 or 8 inches away. Fuel pump is orileys lifetime warranty pump. It is showing 32 PSI while running clean...
  3. Cuts off

I have 1 on the front clip by the evap canister, one that goes to the starter bolt, 5 connected to the drivers fender, 1 on the back of the driver side head that connects on the firewall. All are tight. Want to add I relocated the battery to the bed and ran a ground to the starter the one that...
  4. Cuts off

I have had everything out of this truck any chance someone knows all the grounds for my truck.
  5. Cuts off

1994 Ford ranger 4.0 fresh build. Truck cuts off after it sits for a while it starts back up. If I spray starting fluid into the TB it stumbles but doesn't run clean so I assume I have spark and no fuel. Brand new fuel pump. My next check will be to see if fuel pressure is on the rail when it...
  6. REPLACEMENT FOR 4.0 OHV 1995

I just rebuilt a 94 4.0. Bored out .40 over new pistons crank , cam lifters, push rods , bearings, rods, heads. You get the picture I love the truck am having a blast doing it. The OHV is to me a better engine not as strong as the SOHC but I think more reliable with out the annoying timming...
  7. OHV performance?

You can find 24 pound injectors, generally you need to have a recalibrated mass airflow sensor for those injectors. And as others have said unless you are nitros or turbo or supercharged I am not sure it will do much. From what I read heads are very restricted on the non 98tm head trucks and...
  8. I have to pop my hood to start my truck...

Are you getting voltage to the solenoid wire that engages the high current 12 volts. I will try to say this another way. The little wire controls the big wires. When the little wire goes 12 positive that throws the solenoid in to connect the big wires to the starter to engage it. The voltage...
  9. Oil pan gasket

Thanks Bird and Dirtman any thoughts on pulling the pan.Do I need to pull the motor or tranny or just the motor mount bolts out and Jack up the motor? Will the pan clear that way.
  10. Oil pan gasket

1994 4.0 I have put my oil pan gasket on 2 times each time new gasket and it leaks. This time I used a fel pro gasket and mounted it to the block first. I put the rubber ears that are on the gasket that go to the back of the block in the slots were the #4 main cap makes the hump at the back of...
  11. BBK throttle body

Why does my BBK throttle body have what looks like a vacume line connection on it?
  12. Fuel Pump, injectors

Need fuel pump and injector options for 4.0 OHV. 6 pounds of boost , MAF , Throttle Body, headers. Thanks in advance
  13. Ring gap

Anyone know what the ring gap should be for my 4.0 ohv . Adding Paxton about 6 lbs max on ported heads.Or where would a person find that info.
  14. Saying Hello

Name is Nate been around a while building a 4.0 for my 1994 Ranger. Thanks for the assistance ahead of time.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad