• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. RangerRough

96 ranger 4.0 4x4 vs 2wd frame dimensions/measurments/schematics needed!

i looked all throughout the tech library for frame measurements and blueprints/schematics of the two and cant find anything except for stock factory truck dimensions which i do not need. does anybody have frame diagrams of either the 4wd or 2wd, it would help me out alot because junk yards are...
  2. RangerRough

4R55E swap to M50D-R1 96 ranger 4.0 4x4

well, that skid plate is another missing part i just found on my truck, along with that front plate that i believe protects the radiator was also cut off. i need to find one at the junk yard
  3. RangerRough

i got some more research to do
  4. RangerRough

thanks for the pic, good to know, hmmm i need to find some frame schemtatics.
  5. RangerRough

Awesome! thank you :) I have another question as well. i was looking at buying another cheap 96 ranger 4.0 manual trans NON 4x4. my idea was to strip the new ranger down to frame, paint, rebuild the manual transmission and swap all my 4x4 parts over to the new ranger with a re-manufactured...
  6. RangerRough

rgr that! appreciate that! i will let you know
  7. RangerRough

I'm trying to get the clutch pedal and mounts, shifter, and pretty much everything i need to finish the swap before i start. and all the knowledge to complete it as well lol
  8. RangerRough

will you be selling your M50D-R1? or keeping it for future use?
  9. RangerRough

I looked for guides in the tech library for awhile, i was wondering if anyone has a link to a good guide 4R55E swap to M50D-R1 96 ranger 4.0 4x4 i would greatly appreciate it. also, i was doing some researching and found that i need to swap the computer in my ranger if i go from the automatic...
  10. RangerRough

Been to 2 places and I can't get a decent alignment on my 94 Ranger

i bought a remanufactured Motorcraft steering box and power steering pump from my local parts store here in Edgewood texas, the shop name is called Eagle Auto Parts, but in other states they are called NAPA. $50 core charge as well if you done take your core in.
  11. RangerRough

96 Ranger Dana 35 NO GEAR LUBE :(

https://a.co/d/drwBD2w I found this, but would that fix the grinding/whining sounds? or did I damage the ring gears or other internals?
  12. RangerRough

ohhhh like me driving around town for a few weeks would not have caused a lot of damage? yeah iono, i think just using the 4wd for that short period of time, maybe 30 yards of mud worth, may have caused the damage im hearing. I never worked on a front differential before or had any issues with...
  13. RangerRough

umm? ok? lol you trolling me?
  14. RangerRough

yes, i know this already, what does this have to do with anything? Am I missing something
  15. RangerRough

Been to 2 places and I can't get a decent alignment on my 94 Ranger

sounds to me like you need to rebuild your front steering, i had the same issues as you. scary as hell to drive and the bump steer was insanely dangerous. I replaced my tie rod ends, my upper and lower ball joints (all MOOG parts, you can buy everything on Amazon for like 30-50% off), 6'' drop...
  16. RangerRough

i completely rebuilt my front steering and suspension, drained my gear oil and replaced axle seals and bearings, etc. Finished up replacing pretty much everything and began to bleed my brakes with anticipation to drive my truck to get aligned and test her out. I FORGOT TO REFILL MY GEAR...
  17. RangerRough

Front passenger axle disengaging splines.

96 ranger 4.0 4x4 ttb dana 35 rebuilt my front end on my project truck and went to use 4wd and me and my buddy noticed an unpleasant ticking sound. We discovered that the axle is free floating. The spindle locking nut system is nice and tight, i purchased new locking nut systems for both...
  18. RangerRough

I have a Steering box question 😁

Ohh, i almost forgot, does anyone know the torque specs for the inner/outer tie rod ends I couldn’t find a torque diagram. This is my first time replacing tie rods.
  19. RangerRough

It’s definitely not slop in the pitman arm splines 🥵 that sucker is on there. I installed all new moog upper/lower balljoints, moog inner and outer tie rod ends, timken spindle rebuild kits, timken wheel bearings inner and outer with timken seals. Brake rebuild kits, r1 ceramic pads and r1...
  20. RangerRough

https://youtube.com/shorts/a8YITMo5t98?feature=share

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad