• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. 1984ranger28

For Sale 1984 Ford Ranger for sale/parts.

Hi, I got in a crash over the summer in my Ranger and need to get rid of it now. Text me on Facebook or my number (810) 627-4051 for any parts you need. Located in Lapeer, Mi area. Can ship as long as parts arent too big. More info on Facebook ad...
  2. 1984ranger28

Wanted Clean 83-88 bed & door in Michigan area

Hi, I recently got in a accident with my Ranger and instead of scrapping it, I would like to rebuild it. I am looking for a relative rust free bed and door around the Michigan area. Thanks, Lucas.
  3. 1984ranger28

2006 Ford Freestyle rear diff removal

Hi, I'm currently in the middle of replacing the diff on a 2006 Freestyle and cant find a way to get the diff out without removing the sway bar completely. I have loosened the mounts for the sway bar but There is still not enough room. There is very little information on these SUVs and am really...
  4. 1984ranger28

More starter issues.

Hi, ive recently encountered more problems with my starter. The starter seems to disengage and spin once a cylinder fires. Ive confirmed this by disconnecting the coil and the starter never disengaged or spun. I just recently replaced the starter cable and solenoid. The starter is also brand...
  5. 1984ranger28

Cammed 2.8L

Hi, I just thought I'd share my rebuilt 2.8 with a stage 2 comp cam in case anyone wants to know what it sounds like.
  6. 1984ranger28

Copper coat on Fel-pro head gasket

Hi, I recently had to take the heads due to a blown head gasket. Both heads were slightly warped so I got them resurfaced. Before I reassemble everything, I was wondering I should put copper coat on the Fel-Pro gaskets. Any suggestions are appreciated
  7. 1984ranger28

Any benefit of earlier 2.8 heads?

Hi, I was just wondering if there would be any benefits if you ran heads from an earlier 2.8 from a 1977 Mustang II.
  8. 1984ranger28

Crank pulley

Hi, my crank pulley recently broke while I was driving. Is there any other engines ford put this pulley on? Any help is appreciated
  9. 1984ranger28

1986 Aerostar "headers" on 84 Ranger?

Hi, Ive had some Aerostar "headers" for a while now that I got for a good deal. Has anyone succesfully fitted these on their 2.8 in a Ranger? If so what did you have to do to make them fit?
  10. 1984ranger28

No power going to coil

Hi, I durasparked my 2.8 and used the reccomended hot wire for the coil. It worked fine until it lost voltage about a week before I rebuilt my engine. Ive had to use a jumper going from the battery to the coil. Where should I begin to look?
  11. 1984ranger28

Starter not strong enough to turn over engine.

Hi, tonight I fired my 2.8 up for the first time and broke in the camshaft. Everything went fantastic except now the starter wont turn over the engine now that the rings have seated. My first thought was that I seized the engine, but after taking all the spark plugs out, it turns over freely...
  12. 1984ranger28

Transmission alignment pins

Hi, I was wondering what I could use to make new alignment dowel pins for my engine. I took them out so I could mount the engine on the stand, but it ruined them pretty badly. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
  13. 1984ranger28

Temporary quieting engine during cam break in.

Hi, my engine rebuild is almost complete and ready to start. It is currently open headers right now and was wondering if there were any suggestions on making it quiet during cam break in. I live in a residential area and dont want the cops called lol. I also dont want to spend money on a new...
  14. 1984ranger28

040 Stamped on pistons.

Hi, im currently rebuilding my 2.8 and all 6 pistons have 040 stamped on them. Im assuming this means its been bored 40 over, but wanted to make sure before I order rings. Thanks, Lucas.
  15. 1984ranger28

Woodruff key size?

Hi, today I was replacing my timing cover gasket and now cant find the woodruff key. It did not fall into the engine if anyone was wondering lol. What are the dimensions?
  16. 1984ranger28

Correct starter drive?

Hi, the starter drive on my starter has broken a tooth off. If you've read my other post, Rockauto does not have the correct sized drive. I really need to get a correct sized drive gear quickly. Thanks, Lucas.
  17. 1984ranger28

0 - 60 times?

Just thought it would be interesting to hear other peoples 0 - 60 times. Ill start. The best I've gotten from my 1984 Ranger with a Durasparked 2.8 and 4 speed with 3.73 rear gears is 12.8 seconds.
  18. 1984ranger28

How to replace starter bushings?

Hi, today I am going to be replacing the drive gear, bushing, and brushes in my starter. There is about an 1/8" amount of play in the shaft. I havent had the starter apart yet, but it appears the bushing in the end cap cant be pulled or hammered out. Whats the best way of getting this out...
  19. 1984ranger28

Valve lash adjustment question.

Hi, I recently adjusted the valve lash on my 2.8 and must have done it wrong. The valves are still making a lot of clatter. The haynes manual says to adjust (X) cylinder valves when (Y) cylinder intake valve is opening. Does this mean when the intake valve is just starting to open? Thanks, Lucas.
  20. 1984ranger28

White residue on dipstick.

Hi, now that winter is over I've been driving my Ranger more often. For the past week there has been small traces of white residue on the dipstick, it does not appear to be mixing with the oil. The oil is clear, no milkyness. No smoke out of the exhaust, no overheating or coolant loss, and good...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad