• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. Better engine diagrams

Hello! It's been a while. I still have an 04 3L ranger. I have beens searching for the transmission fill port which I think is just in front of the firewall and right in front of the driver. (CHILTON does not tell you). The reason is when I make my first start of the engine of...
  2. Completely quiet after fuel pump change

Hello! Long time missing. I replaced my ( 3L/111.4in wheelbase) fuel pump with USMW pro series usep2356m. I reconnected the piping and signalling. Now it won't restart not making a sound but the starter motor and battery are new. The truck bed was removed and rear lights are still...
  3. V6 3L:Shifter or ignition problem?

Hello! A new adventure in teachingmyself vehicle repair. I replaced my Shifter solenoid in 3L and I was able to put it neutral later on and roll it downhill to a new repair spot. I thought my Shifter solenoid replacement was successful. A month later, I want to move the truck 6 inches. The...
  4. Truck dead! Battery at 12.5v

Hello! More misadventures with a 3L 2004 ranger... Its dead Jim. ... Ok(disconnected) battery seems alive but no sound and no lights. I have the cover of the steering column off to change shift solenoid. I have a multi-meter ... A. What can I test for on engine dead problem? B.only YouTube...
  5. Wires of oxygen sensor receiver

Hello! Another step in my struggle with my 2004 Ford ranger 3L. The picture is near the firewall aft intake manifold. I need to map the wires from the replacement oxygen sensor RECEIVER. Not the front oxygen sensor. The oxygen sensor receiver PLUGS Into the oxygen sensor. Picture (on right)...
  6. Opening a tab on heated pcv valve

Hello! More adventures with my 2004 3L v6. The tilted black object ,in the attached image of my pcv valve , how do I open this black rectangular object? I tried a screwdriver but was afraid to break it. I finally found at Napa with a proper diagram and not in stock was on top of the valve...
  7. Identify this thin pipe under pedals

Hello! I have photographed this tube under cabin pedals and would like to know what this pipe is. Mine is a 2004 3L v6. The picture was shot from underneath looking at the front drivers wheel. [ Could you point the path to the pcv valve or camshaft cover plz?] Thanks in advance, JC Magras
  8. Pictures for newbies

Hello! I want to set up a picture library to help newbs like myself. This picture is placed in the public domain if others are willing to place similar pictures of Ford rangers along side it. Someone must also point out 5 different parts newbies are unlikely to understand. This photo is from...
  9. 2004: replace pcv & fix P0507

Hello! Have not been here in a while. I want to replace my pcv valve for age if nothing else. I have p0507 code blocking my inspection. Is it related? I have reviewed this for my 2004 3L but it's for the Mazda and I should see the oil dipstick and yet I don't see that on my 3L...
  10. Ok somewhat dumb: changing #3 spark plug

Hello! This is going to seem dumb but that #3 spark plug near the computer and air conditioning on the passenger side near the firewall, how do you get that spark plug out?? The point is that cooling system in the way! (yes I know about socket wrenches especially the 5/8in needed for spark...
  11. Computer replacement does NOT convince truck to start

Hello! More turnover drama with my 2004 3.0L v6. I changed the computer (NC exchange gave 2 keys) because its 158k and because that vehicle/lock light was flashing for months. After the replacement, engine will still silently not turn over but will shut down the heater if the heater is on. The...
  12. Overridin/fixing the PATS in my 2004

Hello! More adventure in fixing my 2004 ranger. See previous posts for your torture dose. The attached picture is from the far driver's side with bottom panel removed. Do you install here? (Ham radio?) Diagram in Haynes / Chilton has only mention of "personality module". No mention of inside...
  13. Cranking checklist

Hello! I have documented my fuel injector replacement problem in previous articles. I have mis-assembled the throttle body. Examine this 3rd party copyrighted (probably)picture to help. See prev article for stackexchange source (not likely primary). I can not crank past the accessories coming...
  14. Linux engineer looking for work

Hello! I am a Linux, java and python engineer. I am also a ccna and know Oracle. All recruiters are Hindu. I live near Austin, TX. I can only get 'secure' DVDs via Linux format . Any other Linux format dvd users out there? Sincerely, J. Magras
  15. Accelerator body reconstruction for 2004 3L

Hello! My replacement of the fuel injectors is on it's last leg: 1:Throttle/accelerator body rebuild <a href="https://drive.google.com/file/d/1vler9kIhwVe891_kBj2_ohtxm7YwC5RU/view?usp=drivesdk">throttle body</a> how do the spring in my hand o with the little rectangle on the metal wire? 2: the...
  16. Opinion poll:Thermo plastics vs salvage valve covers

Hello, I am being offered these two replacement valve covers: 1) salvage yard from Florida $50 2) Dorman thermoplastic $98 https://www.jcwhitney.com/details/Dorman/Valve_Cover/RB264989.html 3) other possibilities ... Is there supposed to be a hole NEXT TO the oil intake near passenger side valve...
  17. Need alternative for universal socket joint

[UPDATE 19 July 2018-- we have a partial winner with the 3 screws extracted!! Winner is a Husky microratchet https://www.homedepot.com/p/Husky-1-4-in-Drive-Microdriver-Set-16-Piece-HMDS16PC/302905070] Hello! My first post could not get me what I want: Removal of fuel rails on my 3.0L 2004 ford...
  18. Hello: replacing fuel injectors on 04 3L ranger

Hello! [UPDATE 19 July: Got bolts off with husky microratchet!! : https://www.homedepot.com/p/Husky-1-4-in-Drive-Microdriver-Set-16-Piece-HMDS16PC/302905070] [UPDATE 18 July: Universal joint tried only 1/4in would fit. Not enough torque. Head only socket still too big. Videos for 4.0L too...
  19. Hello & fuel injector access(2004 3L)

Hello! I'm new and looking for help getting the fuel rails off my ranger. I got the intake manifold off (see pictures). There are 4 complex hollow pipe like screews(see picture) next to the 8mm bolts for the fuel rails. I can't remove the pipe screws. I have loosened 3 of themcompltely and they...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad