• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. B1342 and P0500

So i like to scan my Ranger once or twice a month to make sure everything is in tip top shape. There is no CEL, but i scanned it anyways The scanner read B1342 - no definition, but searching online, its ABS related P0500 - Speed Sensor Malfunction, Speedometer works, transmission shifts fine...
  2. P0325?

Sup guys, I just bought a new OBD2 scanner and while my truck isn't throwing an engine light I decided to scan it anyways. Only a p0325 knock sensor code came up. I searched the webs and couldn't find anything on the 3.0L . In fact, I read these engines didn't come with a knock sensor? P0325 -...
  3. How do YOU guys accurately check your transmission fluid level?

This is my third time now dropping the pan and changing the fluid. The last time I dropped the pan I made a mess and couldn't accurately check how much fluid I had drained. I have gone by the book and it gives me two different results. I start the truck, go through all the gears and wait til...
  4. Steering Wheel Play/Slack

hey guys, as the title suggest i have been dealing with some play in the steering wheel since i have owned the truck. The problem doesnt affect my driving, i can move the Steering wheel about an inch side to side while driving without it moving the truck at all. My concern is something in the...
  5. Exhaust Manifold leak help

Hello, happy new years :D Recently I had a P0171 code and have narrowed it down to an exhaust manifold leak. It looks like a bolt snapped off at some point from the previous owner and thats what is causing the leak. Question is, how much would a mechanic or an exhaust shop cost to fix and take...
  6. Pinion seal leaking

I have a 2WD 3.0 open diff and it's leaking from the rear Question is, how hard is it to replace? I seen a video on a different vehicle and it looks as simple as marking the Nut, shaft and flange, counting or measuring threads and making sure everything aligns? Someone said you can...
  7. Wet headliner

Hey guys Well I changed the third brake with a new gasket and all and that didn't solve anything. The screws don't feel tight enough when I screw them down so I changed out the bulbs and sealed the whole light assembly with clear silicone. While I was there I also siliconed the cab corners...
  8. High idle when parked after driving

Well I'll post this again since my last one didn't get any answers and the truck is acting up again... Original post Another day, another problem lol recently my ranger has been acting up again. This time, it starts to idle high at 1500 to 2000 RPMs in Park after it's been warmed up and...
  9. High idle when parked after driving

Another day, another problem lol recently my ranger has been acting up again. This time, it starts to idle high at 1500 to 2000 RPMs in Park after it's been warmed up and driven. When I shift it back to drive or reverse the idle drops down to 1200 or so whatever is normal. There's no engine...
  10. Bad Alt, battery, or battery cables?

02 Ranger Edge 3.0L auto So I been having this problem where the battery meter drops to Low. This doesn't happen every start up. Just 1/4 of the time. I've checked the volts with a multimeter and it reads anywhere from 11.8-12.3.v when the gauge is low. I had the charging system load tested and...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad