• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. Should I replace Main Bearing Cap Bolts?

Rebuilding a '93 4.0 OHV. Until today, I've not seen anything that says to replace the main bearing cap bolts. But today, reading the factory service manual, in big bold letters, it says NOTE: New bolts must be used for assembling main bearing caps. So, who has or hasn't replaced them and have...
  2. Fuel injector Gasket/Insulator

Does anyone have a source for the Fuel Injector Gasket/Insulator shown in the Photos? Ford lists it as no longer available. Part #FOTZ-9U550-A (from a 1993 Ranger 4.0 OHV) To be clear I'm not looking for the o-rings, those are a dime a dozen. But the big rubber piece shown.
  3. Any known issues with swapping a '98 4.0 to an 89 BR2?

Hi Guys, Just picked up a 89 Bronco II 4x4 5 speed. It has a blown head Gasket which I was thinking about replacing, but pulling the heads is easier with the engine out, and if I going that far, I figure I might as well swap in a 4.0. There is a guy selling a 98 Ranger with the 4.0. He took...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad