• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by wv_snranger

1. wv_snranger

04 2.3l valve seals

Switching back over to regular (non-syn or blended) 5w-30 this weekend. Seems the blue puffs got worse after I switched to the synthetic blends over last winter. My wife's '07 Focus has a 2.0 in it and I've been running the same oil and filters on both, probably go back to 5w-30 on it too to...
  2. wv_snranger

04 2.3l valve seals

back before I bought my house I usually went through one of those drive-through oil change places. Didn't know any better then, I'll never do that again. The first oil change I did myself, I found a "Mighty" brand oil filter on my truck that was made of plastic so thin I could squeeze the casing...
  3. wv_snranger

04 2.3l valve seals

Work set me back $308 bucks. Now, a month later I am still losing oil. Looks like I might need to do the valve seal replacement myself since two mechanics couldn't find anything wrong other than a valve cover leak.
  4. wv_snranger

04 2.3l valve seals

Mechanic took at look at it and seems to think the valve cover has been leaking. New valve cover gasket and rear differential spindle seal (not related to oil leak) installed for $285. Hope it does the trick.
  5. wv_snranger

04 2.3l valve seals

Using Motorcraft Synthetic Blend 5w-20 with a regular Fram filter. No additives, spark plugs don't seem to be unusually dirty or oil fouled. Intervals usually 3000 to 4000 miles.
  6. wv_snranger

04 2.3l valve seals

My 2004 2.3l Ranger has about 93,500 miles. It has puffed a little bit of blue smoke on start up for a good year now, but haven't experienced any significant oil loss between oil changes. Last time I changed oil I discovered I had lost about 2 quarts in that 4,000 mile interval. Now I lost...
  7. wv_snranger

Ocassional hard start

Same thing with my '04.... though usually occurs more often in colder temps.
  8. wv_snranger

04 Smokin' Duratec

I have a 2004 Ranger 2.3L. Just a hair over 76k miles. Regularly change oil, general maintenance (plugs & filters), etc... In the last couple weeks my truck puffs some blue smoke on startup, but clears out immediately. Still runs like a champ. Now I know that the blue smokey startup is...
  9. wv_snranger

Semi or Full Synthetic

27.99 for oil change and a filter at the drive-thru oil change in town. Pennzoil 5w-20 oil. The nearest Ford dealership wants 40 bucks and they are 20 miles away.
  10. wv_snranger

Brake Dust Shields

I've had my eye on some Brake Dust Shields that fit between the hub and the wheel for vehicles with disc brakes, over on JC Whitney's website for some time. Don't like the brown shit that collects on my wheels thats a p.i.t.a. to clean off. :pissedoff: Can anyone recommend them? :dunno: Will...
  11. wv_snranger

04 2.3 rebuild

What was the result of the shop diagnostics? Get the engine from the rolled-over truck?
  12. wv_snranger

Looking for some advice..

with a 2.3l 4 cyl engine, I cant see how you would be able to go from 140 hp to 300 even with turbo and computer mods....
  13. wv_snranger

Just bought a 2005 Ranger...Questions.

I have an '04 ranger XLT with a 2.3 in it. The 4 cyl is kind of peppy, expecially under 40 mph or so, little bit difficult to pull out and pass other vehicles on the high way, but not too bad. I've been able to haul moderate loads without being being bogged down too bad. (garden tractors...
  14. wv_snranger

Hello All

Hello everyone, I started posting about two days ago and didnt introduce myself, so here goes. I live in Moorefield, WV which is in the middle of nowhere in WV's Eastern Panhandle. It is about an hour south of Cumberland, Maryland and an hour and a half weat of Winchester, VA. I am employed on...
  15. wv_snranger

looking for a little bit of power

How much would mod chips affect your mpg's?

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad