• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by Wolfman88

1. Wolfman88

Intake Manifold Runner Valve Vac Line Locations

I'm getting a p2004 code that the intake runner valve is stuck open. I looked at the valve and there's a vac line disconnected. Where do the vac lines hookup? Its a 2003 with the 2.3L.
  2. Wolfman88

02 Auto Slipping

There would still be a problem with the trans because put it in reverse it does move back a little same in drive. Also when I get going in 2nd and get up to 10-15mph I can move the shifter to drive and it will go through the rest of the gears including overdrive.
  3. Wolfman88

02 Auto Slipping

I searched TSB and recalls on the vin nothing that would cause this problem. Now that I have the truck and have it running I'll copy and paste the question I asked on another ranger forum: Ok the 03 Ranger that I just bought to restore and donate to the wolf sanctuary has a trans issue. When I...
  4. Wolfman88

02 Auto Slipping

Is the TSB on the 03 year too? It was sold as an 02 but I looked at the title and the title says 03.
  5. Wolfman88

02 Auto Slipping

Also the trans only has 102000mi so I wouldn't think worn out.
  6. Wolfman88

02 Auto Slipping

Ok that's one thing to check any other ideas? Fluid is full but the battery is dead so I cant start it and try it in gear to see exactly what it does so more info once I get the battery charged.
  7. Wolfman88

02 Auto Slipping

How do I check that? I've only rebuilt 1 automatic transmission and it was a pita it was also the infamous Chrystler A604 one of the first electronically controled and worst trans at the time so I don't know much about automatics. PS I see your EMT trained too I don't work as an EMT but have...
  8. Wolfman88

02 Auto Slipping

Ok I haven't got the truck here yet (Later Today). Seller said its slipping barely drives he said he changed fluid and filter and it worked for a while then quit again. Could there be a leak and enough fluid gets out that the hydraulics won't work causing the slipping or torque converter bad or...
  9. Wolfman88

Some pics I found of my 88 had bad damage to the mid passenger side. Wish I never sold it rather have an 88 than the 99 thats mine now. Had the carbed 2.0L and 5 speed of course I hate automatics. The 02 I'm building that is auto is not for me. Would have to ditch the 2.0L anyone that's drove...
  10. Wolfman88

Sure thing I always document my rebuilds with pics. Here's a few
  11. Wolfman88

New member here I'm a wolf handler originally from NW Louisiana everyone calls me "Fox" Marine Corps nickname. I've had 3 rangers currently a 99 XLT stick shift 3.0L V6 I had a 88 with the 2.0L and a 02 that I donated to the wolf sanctuary. I was building the 99 for the sanctuary but it's a...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad