• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by Wireman995

1. Wireman995

Thanks for the add

Ok ive finally acquired my donor, its a 1994 explorer 4x4 unfortunately its has an auto tranny. Is there any way to make the comp and harness work? Im hopefully going to be starting on the destruction of the expo in a day or 2. Ive only got this week off until Christmas maybe I can finally get...
  2. Wireman995

Thanks for the add

Bro damn you wanting to stand it up on wheelly bars 😂
  3. Wireman995

Thanks for the add

Yes the 2.9 does get noisy and in my experience tends to like to piss oil on the grass. Im undecided at this point. Ill find the ranger donor and possibly build the 2.9 also. For the record im not really making a all out of this thing I actually want to drive it as a second make that third...
  4. Wireman995

Thanks for the add

Will do
  5. Wireman995

Thanks for the add

Thank you guys yall have given me alot more to consider and added to my confusion😂!
  6. Wireman995

Thanks for the add

S See this is why i joined this forum. Different perspectives. Im a die hard 7.3 / 6.7 diesel guy those are my weapons on choice and thats where my knowledge is at. Ive owned 3 rangers but never messed with them other than maintenance and repair.
  7. Wireman995

Thanks for the add

If I go this route should i dump the FM146 for the M5OD
  8. Wireman995

Thanks for the add

I figured as much. Well i guess the hunt is one lol. But what petro is saying is also intriguing.
  9. Wireman995

Thanks for the add

So your recommending a rebuild of the 2.9? Whats the reason my friend and why do you dislike the 4.0?
  10. Wireman995

Thanks for the add

Honestly just poking fun at ya. This is a one owner project truck i picked up awhile back and its been just sitting in my shop for about 2 years. The 2.9 runs but its wore out and figured what the hell ill upgrade.
  11. Wireman995

Thanks for the add

Hey brother thanks for the info. I was thinking exactly. I can find the explorer but the rangers are proving to be a challenge to find.
  12. Wireman995

Thanks for the add

😂lmao come on brother that cant be true!
  13. Wireman995

Thanks for the add

Gonna be doing a 4.0 swap in my old beast 1989 Ranger xlt extra cab 5sp manual 4x4. Tired of wrenching on the 2.9. Need some advise on the best way to go about it. Im think of buying a reman 4.0.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad