• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by Wayne6197

1. Truck surges at startup when cold

Probably the original one on the truck. So 24 years. Thank you. I'll check this out.
  2. Truck surges at startup when cold

Yes, I am talking about the coolant temp sensor. I noticed one of the wires was off of the connector harness so I ordered it and the sensor today. The truck seems to warm up ok, it just does that weird surging after a while then if I try to drive it before it stops that it is almost impossible...
  3. Truck surges at startup when cold

I changed it but nothing. Thank you though.
  4. Truck surges at startup when cold

Thank you. I told him I thought it could be that but I guess he ignored me. Lol. Anyway I will change it and see. Thanks again.
  5. Truck surges at startup when cold

It does not do it unless it is below 50-60 degrees or so.
  6. Truck surges at startup when cold

Hi. It is the 3.0L flex fuel.
  7. Truck surges at startup when cold

Hi. My 2000 Ranger revs up to around 2500 on cold mornings on startup. This lasts 10-15 minutes. Then it surges up to 2500, then back to 1500 or so every 3-4 seconds and will continue this until driven. I changed out the air control sensor, no vacuum leaks and thermostat is good per my...
  8. Loud clunk when applying brakes.

Thanks for the reply. Slip yoke is good, dry. Changed u joints 2-3 yrs ago. Bushings look good but I honestly not sure how to check. Nothing moves when I yank on it . I'll jack it up and check for slop in the wheel. Again, thank you.
  9. Loud clunk when applying brakes.

Thanks. Nothing when I bounced. It did click on left turns of steering wheel. Looked fine upon inspection. Thank you. Bushings look good. Next step is to check the bolts.
  10. Loud clunk when applying brakes.

Thank you all for your help and suggestions, really cool. When I turned the steering wheel there was a good clicking noise to the left turn, right turn fine. Bounced the front end, nothing. Tie rods and ball joints replaced a few years ago, not loose and rubber looks good. Shocks are tight...
  11. Loud clunk when applying brakes.

2000 Ranger 2wd Trailhead. When I apply brakes there was a loud clunk in the front brake area, mainly driver side. Changed out calipers, pads, rotors and the rubber part of the brake line. Clunk is still there. Any suggestions or thoughts? Brakes seem to work fine. Maybe shocks are loose...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad