• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by Vincenthdfan

1. Slack in Gas Pedal Cable?

Hahaha....been there, done that myself!! Got the wheels n tires (and motor, and transmission, etc...) to prove it! :LOL:(y)
  2. Slack in Gas Pedal Cable?

Type in Zip Tie mod....oodles of info on this issue. Basically put a couple zip ties on it to take up the slack (snip slack end off zip tie after tightening too of course!).
  3. Oil pressure gauge showing no pressure?

Thats the oil level gauge. Nothing to do with pressure indication.
  4. Cold engine tick?

Its worn push rods and rocker arms. My 93 4.0 did the exact same thing, so I took valve covers off and inspected only to find virtually all the rocker arm cups worn down significantly. Mine only rattled on cold starts, never warm and always stopped as soon as it warmed up. The intermittent...
  5. 4.0 ohv slight vibration at 2100 rpm

I just went out and removed the belt and checked not only the fan clutch, but the new water pump bushings/bearings...no play. Especially after I thought back about what you mentioned RonD...I remember the sloppy original water pump causing the exact high frequency buzz you mention before I...
  6. 4.0 ohv slight vibration at 2100 rpm

Good idea...unfortunately, I already replaced the fan clutch when I did the motor swap (water pump too).
  7. 4.0 ohv slight vibration at 2100 rpm

Hello all, I havent been on here for a while since getting my 93 Ranger XLT back together. I've been out enjoying it...man it sure drives nice and pulls hard with the 5 speed conversion and 97 4.0 engine I installed. However, I noticed the other day when running down the freeway above 65 mph...
  8. 97 4.0ohv in place of 93 4.0ohv...aren't they interchangeable??

Hey all, I just did a lot of major work on my 93 Ranger 4.0 4x4 XLT 5 speed. I took the rattling valve train original 93 4.0 OHV motor out and swapped a low mile 97 4.0 OHV in its place. I used my aluminum upper intake, the 97 lower intake, new 8 bolt flywheel, my 93 harness, 93 computer...
  9. 97 4.0 OHV Rear Main Seal Advice Needed

Hey all, I'm transplanting a newer, lower mileage 97 4.0 OHV motor into my 93 XLT Supercab 4x4. I noticed tonight when I pulled the original flywheel from the 97 motor that the rear main seal looks like its seen better days. I want to replace it and need to know which route to take with it...
  10. Can you remove 93 4.0 while leaving A/C connected?

Hey all, I was just getting ready to pull my upper & lower intake manifolds for new gaskets and rocker arm covers for new gaskets on my 93 4.0. While in there I was going to change my rockers and pushrods because they have the usual ticking noise to them. Then....as luck would have it, a guy...
  11. Delta Cams Rocker Arms

Hello all, My little 93 XLT 4.0 4x4 5 speed is running great these days. I've put a new heater core in it, new water pump, and thermostat. I've since discovered I have an external coolant leak on front passenger side of the motor so I'm getting ready to do a lower intake manifold gasket...
  12. 93 4.0 4x4 5 speed 3.73 gears...best tire size?

Hello, I just got told my tire with a nail in it was unrepairable today on my truck, so I am faced with buying 4 new tires and I'm trying to figure out what size I want to go with. Its a 93 Ranger Supercab 4x4 with 4.0 3.73's and a 5-speed (converted by me from being an automatic). Door...
  13. 93 4.0 4x4 5 speed 3.73 gears...best tire size?

Hello, I just got told my tire with a nail in it was unrepairable today on my truck, so I am faced with buying 4 new tires and I'm trying to figure out what size I want to go with. Its a 93 Ranger Supercab 4x4 with 4.0 3.73's and a 5-speed (converted by me from being an automatic). Door...
  14. Does the Idle Air Control (IAC) Valve totally close when unplugged?

Quick question here...trying to determine if my brand new Idle Air Control (IAC) valve is defective right out of the box or not. I know about the unplugging and engine idle dropping to 500 rpm, etc... BUT, when you have the brand new out of the box IAC in front of you and you blow on one of...
  15. 93 Ranger 4x4 4.0 High Idle / Drivability Problems

Not mine, but this is what the hole looks like.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad