• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by venuspie1

1. Adding spider gears/clutches to open diff carrier?

The more I read, the more I see you are right. I guess I will learn how to set backlash.
  2. Adding spider gears/clutches to open diff carrier?

I realize that. I was talking about removing the ring gear from the open carrier and put it on the LSD carrier and reinstall into the same rear. Just wanting to add LSD, not change ratios. Just looking for a way to add the factory trac lok without having to reset gear clearances
  3. Adding spider gears/clutches to open diff carrier?

After researching a little more, it seems that the open carrier does not have the notches cut in it for the Ears(tabs) of the clutches to rest in. So I don't think you can swap spider gears between the two. I wonder if I could swap entire carrier without causing whining with the gear set? Just...
  4. Adding spider gears/clutches to open diff carrier?

I have two 8.8's. One has the factory trac lok and the other is open. The carriers look identical except the open one is missing the spider gears and clutches. Are they the same carrier? Could I install the spider gears/clutch pack etc into an open carrier? Long story short, I have a 8.8 trac...
  5. Speedometer correction

Perfect! I was actually googling this when you replied. Thanks for your help.
  6. Speedometer correction

Great! Thanks for the info. I was thinking rangers stopped using the gear in the side of the trans in 95. Any idea where to find what gear I need to change from a 3.08 to 3.55? A chart somewhere??
  7. Speedometer correction

I've searched with no luck. I'm looking to swap out my current 8.8 with a 3.08 to a 8.8 with a 3.55. My truck is a 95 and the donor rear came out of a 94. How am I going to correct the speedo? Both rears have a sensor and a tone ring with the ring gear. Do I swap those? Back when I messed with...
  8. Does anyone completely go through their new to them truck when you first get it?

This is it 100%! I have a constant need for gratification and loose sleep myself thinking about what "NEEDS" to be done.
  9. Does anyone completely go through their new to them truck when you first get it?

What I'm talking about is doing stuff for no other reason than to make yourself feel better and know it was done right. Such as changing plugs and wires when the truck is running perfect already. Or changing all of the fluids even though the previous owner said they were done recently but has no...
  10. Does anyone completely go through their new to them truck when you first get it?

Just picked up my 95 and it had one owner and 168k miles. Kept up really well and runs great. So the first thing I do is start replacing things. Makes sense I know. I really enjoy tinkering and just making things better. So I replace all the maintenance items. Plugs,wires, filters, t-stat, oil...
  11. Picked up a 95 ranger today with weird options for an xlt

I'm starting to think they are the original seats and console. I was told the original owner spec ed the truck out. Specifically had to request the 4.0 in a 2wd. I think he had a hard time finding it on a lot but I really don't know. As far as the gearing, I'm torn. I like the highway...
  12. Picked up a 95 ranger today with weird options for an xlt

I would love a set of 3.73's or even 3.55's. I'll be tuning it up and tinkering around trying to pep it up some. Also, the back side windows pop out. I've never seen that on a ranger before. Pretty cool though. I'm very happy with it after selling my 2.3
  13. Picked up a 95 ranger today with weird options for an xlt

Got this 95 today. 4.0 5-speed 2wd supercab. Has a lot of cool features. Not sure if seats are original. Has buckets with power lumbar and center console. Power windows and locks with factory 6-disc cd changer. Really seems loaded for a 95 xlt ranger. Really excited about it. Super clean one...
  14. HD Clutch = stiff pedal?

Thanks for all the replies. It definitely is the hardest hydraulic unit I’ve felt in the pedal before. I’ll keep an eye on the firewall as well.
  15. HD Clutch = stiff pedal?

Looking at buying a 96 ranger. It's 5-speed and the owner is saying he had an HD clutch installed. He knows nothing else, just told the shop to put the strongest clutch in possible. Truck shifts great and clutch feels fine but the pedal effort is incredibly hard. I've had many rangers and their...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad