• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by vagabond80

1. up-to 92 window scraper seal/weatherstripping

According to rockauto/fairchild they each have individual part numbers (left outer, left inner, right inner, right outter) but what I received was two sets of identical scrapers. Cant tell on the truck if the passenger door has the same clip layout, and i dont want to destroy whats on there just...
  2. up-to 92 window scraper seal/weatherstripping

The driver side window scraper on my '87 was rock solid and missing quite a few chunks, so I decided to treat myself and lower the highway decibels by hopefully a few dozen from that wind noise. Ordered the "Fairchild" kit off rockauto, about $50 shipped for both sides inner and outer. They...
  3. new shifter kit leaking M5od

I've been considering this... I used a tube with a hand pump into the fill plug (top plug, not thru the shifter opening), filled till it began running out of the hole. I wouldn't think I could have gotten so much in above the fill hole that it would over pressurize out the top, especially still...
  4. new shifter kit leaking M5od

Hi folks, I recently put a junkyard m5od in my 87, and replaced the shifter bushings with the kit from allstategear "M50D Ranger F150 Shifter Repair Kit, M50-SK". The trans already had 3 metal rail plugs when I got it I'd used the same kit on another m5od without issue. After a few long highway...
  5. coolant overpressurization, replaced parts, glove test

Hello I'm in a bit of a pickle. The heads on my '90 2.9 were magnaflux tested and had the gaskets replaced this past spring. Shortly after, I replaced the radiator with the 4.0 automatic a/c giant out from the explorer, and a new 13lb motorad cap. Never gets hot, in fact it would typically run...
  6. cross country adventure, cut short by the FM gearbox

This one, (which i assumed from a distance and from the value of the boat that had been on it would have been minimalist and cheap), actually had an extendo-deck with the tilt-alator feature Oh we had a pretty good time that first day, and I've got most of a plan for recovery, it just got...
  7. cross country adventure, cut short by the FM gearbox

1960something 15' motorboat, sawsall'd it in half to dump(had to be under 8'). New tires, repacked the wheel bearings, engine crate fit about perfectly. Real light weight but seems well built
  8. cross country adventure, cut short by the FM gearbox

Here's a beginning, middle, and end shot
  9. cross country adventure, cut short by the FM gearbox

*This isn't too much of an 'asking for help' thread, as I plan to simply replace the fm146 with an m5od, but I figured I'd share the story* several months ago I bought a sight-unseen 88(listed as 87) 4x4 5 speed 2.9l it was lacking the dash/interior, no exhaust after the manifolds, hood was...
  10. Runs bad when cold

I'll elaborate a bit further since rereading, I don't like the way I phrased my first message. I'm sure someone can add more/better detail, but in the meantime to get you on the path... The coolant temp sensor signals the computer and idle air control valve to adjust for when the engine is...
  11. Runs bad when cold

check your coolant level coolant temp tells it how to idle when cold
  12. '86 vs '88 oil gauge

The dash is from the 86 xlt, which seemed to plug in quite naturally. I don't recall anything unused or out of place when I did the swap. Perhaps I have a switch trying to signal a gauge... I won't be back to the truck for a couple weeks now, but it's a good research direction
  13. '86 vs '88 oil gauge

Hmm I was going off the info from the post here https://www.ranger-forums.com/general-technical-electrical-18/oil-pressure-voltmeter-gauge-idiot-light-conversion-150694/ I'm not concerned about numbers that much, but perhaps I should just spend the $ on a new gauge
  14. '86 vs '88 oil gauge

Hello folks I've been reading about the ""options"" or sensors or senders with an idiot light for a gauge. I just swapped a whole cluster from an 86 2.9 xlt into a late 87(88 model year) 2.9 XL. The rest of the instrumentation seems to work normally, but when running the oil gauge is resting...
  15. Wanted WTB - 1986 2.9 Airbox lid & D35

If you don't get the one closer, I've got this one here. Currently in 76112

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad