• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by V8 Level II

1. V8 Level II

Crankshaft main girdle with 5.0 Ex pan

I used a generic 302 main girdle in my 99 Ex engine with its original stamped Explorer oil pan and Explorer pickup tube. This pan is heavily contoured to clear the AWD front differential (not sure if the 2WD Ex 5.0 pan is the same or not). Using the unmodified AWD pan with its angled side...
  2. V8 Level II

Homebrew Ranger rear disc brake conversion

There are various ways to swap Ranger rear drum brakes to discs if one is so inclined. Here is my version: Before: factory 10" drums After: SVO 11 1/4" vented rear discs Conversion Parts: 79~85 Eldorado/Riviera/Toronado rear caliper 84~86 Mustang SVO 11 1/4" vented rear rotor 94~04...
  3. V8 Level II

Running a F/S T-case with a small block Ford swap.

When I started my V8 swap project, I was sure that I didn't want to use the single ratio, full time AWD transfer case that come stock in the AWD version of the 5.0L Explorer. I wanted to have a manually shifted, 2-speed, part time 4WD transfer case like the one that came as factory equipment in...
  4. V8 Level II

FX4 Level II V8

FX4 Level II Supercharged V8 I bought my Ranger in 2003 and it has been in a state of slow evolution ever since. Here are a few photos. Powertrain swap: Supercharged 5.0L V8 4R70W automatic transmission (Explorer), BW4406 manual t-case (F150) Strapped Bilstein 7100's: Rear...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad