• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by Tymont

1. Is this supposed to be there?

Thank you all so much for the help. It's getting close. I'll provide another update when there's something to report.
  2. Is this supposed to be there?

The ground in question is on the driver's side. It is a flat braided wire from the head to the firewall beside the wiper motor.
  3. Is this supposed to be there?

Update... It stopped heating the ground. I can get it to turn over and start using starter fluid. But it does as soon as the starter fluid is gone. Should I be able to hear the fuel pump?
  4. Is this supposed to be there?

Well, I didn't do the magnaflux. Hope that isn't a mistake. Today we finally got it to the point of trying to start it. I am stumped. When I turn it over, the ground from the block to the firewall gets very hot and smokes. Any suggestions?
  5. Is this supposed to be there?

Thank you so much for the information. I can't express how grateful I am. My son was very disappointed to think his engine might be ruined. He loves his old truck.
  6. Is this supposed to be there?

Thanks for the info. I will check it again in the morning.
  7. Is this supposed to be there?

I went back and took a closer look. There is no identical hole on the front passenger side. I looked closer into the hole and saw the gears on the end of the cam. I'm afraid this block is shot. I guess at this point I'm looking for confirmation.
  8. Is this supposed to be there?

My son's 1990 Ranger with 2.9L started running real rough. I noticed coolant coming from the tailpipe. I assumed cracked head. When we tore the engine down, we found no damage to the heads at all. There was coolant in the oil, and coolant on top of the driver side pistons. But no noticable...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad