• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by Txhuntr2

1. 84 Bronco 2 No crank

My 84 B2 won’t crank but will run. I can start it with a short wire by sending 12 v from the positive battery terminal to the small post on the fender mounted starter solenoid if the ignition cylinder (no longer requires a key) is in the run position. Then, it runs and drives great. When I...
  2. Starter wont stop starting 87 Bronco II

Update. I had NAPA make a new cable for me. It’s the one that goes from the solenoid to the starter. It fixed the issue immediately. I saw that the old cable was fraying and gunked up once I pulled off the electrical tape. Thanks for the advice everyone.
  3. Starter wont stop starting 87 Bronco II

Thanks for the reply. I wasn’t clear enough in my original post. The battery has recently tested “good”. The starter has one wire to it from the solenoid, which is mounted on the fender wall. After the first cold start (when everything works as it should), turning the key engages the starter...
  4. Starter wont stop starting 87 Bronco II

I’m bringing this back up bc I am having the same issue with my 84 bronco 2. The first cold start the motor turns, starts and runs fine. The second and subsequent starts, the starter keeps running until I disconnect battery power then it shuts off. I’ve replaced the starter 3 times and the...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad