• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by ThirdDiv

1. Frame Offs?

Sorry if someone already posted, but have you heard of a genuine frame off resto on a 4X4 lb Ranger of 90's to 2010's era? May sound crazy, but with the price of trucks starting to move up, frame offs are looking good. I'd need to insist on a hot dip galvanized frame this time. Besides, maybe...
  2. New "Rotation >" firewall designated spare for tire road side matching!

Thanks all! That leaves balancing the wheel after reverse installing the tire on the steel rim. The valve would remain on the outside. Most of the sidewall info would be on the inside face, like the whitewall tires you found on cars of the 40 - 50's. The concern I would see in this switch is...
  3. New "Rotation >" firewall designated spare for tire road side matching!

Looking at my spare,(Ranger 06) if I want to mount my 2019 spare tire Goodyear UltraGrip Winter Rotation > as a road tire, it would seem the rotation only allows for a front and back passenger side installation. It would seem that to match the same tire on the drivers side, it would only work...
  4. Squeal front engine compartment, dissipates as engine warms up.

Thanks all(y). I'll change the belt soon as I can get warmer weather. Plans for the winter are manual Warn hubs for the front, and maybe a new shift motor. I really should do the brakes but I'm procrastinating.
  5. Squeal front engine compartment, dissipates as engine warms up.

Odd thing that at 60K miles, my 2006 Ranger auto w/AC(not working but clutch pulley still on), I have this high pitched squeal from water pump/belt area that goes away when finally warmed up. At first I thought it was a loud air whistling like high wind through some aperture. The pump relief...
  6. 2010 4x4 XLT: If I keep it long term, what parts should I stock away?

I was considering a frame-off resto for my 2006 Ranger. You don't see much of that for the Ranger. From the tailgate to the trans mount is probably straight forward mechanics and body work, including the frame. You may have to weld extra braces if the trans mount/torque rod area is badly rusted...
  7. 2006 Reg Cab Long Box,4X4

Thanks guys. Well, I decided to put the truck in my garage and take another look. I raised it on rear jack stands and took the two Wildpeak MS off, which have all the balancing weights on. I put the bolts back on the drums. These tires are awesome. I put it in drive and spun it up to 60 mph and...
  8. 2006 Reg Cab Long Box,4X4

I have a slight vibe more noticable at 30-40mph on highway and @ 1500 rpm. Vibe doesn't reduce if I put it neutral from Drive on the highway and slow down makes no difference. I went under and checked the one piece driveshaft.(the one that has a splined rear slider and seal, and differential...
  9. Hi All!

Good to be here. With covid going around it's rare I get out of the house. Almost wish there was something wrong with the truck for something to do in the garage. OK, just kidding. :) Thing is though, the worst problem that ever had me stumped was that stupid computer ignition key thinggy. If...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad