• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by That_4.0_ranger

1. That_4.0_ranger

sound while driving (dont know where to put this thread)

i ordered a new carrier bearing today hopefully that will solve the noise when i take off but the ticking noise is the next thing i need to figure out it make i while driving an stationary the truck came with a brand new starter might toss that in tonight and see if that fixes it
  2. That_4.0_ranger

Okay I try that tomorrow when I’m around some pavement
  3. That_4.0_ranger

Oh it is also a manual could it be some issue with the clutch?
  4. That_4.0_ranger

Yeah it dose have a old wire out 4in rough country with blocks in the rear but they don’t look like the ones rough country sells now but it’s also the first variant they came out with so idk and yeah it thought about push rods but if that was the case why would I only hear noise in the cab and...
  5. That_4.0_ranger

Also this truck has a tick that it only dose for a couple seconds then stops for a couple seconds and you can barely hear it from the engine bay so it’s not lifters or timing you only hear it in the cab or under the truck by the bell housing any ideas what that could be? It also dose speed up as...
  6. That_4.0_ranger

Okay well I’ll just get a carrier bearing and hope that fixes it I checked my leaf springs and they are all good so if it’s something else then I have no clue
  7. That_4.0_ranger

I’m buying a bunch of parts tonight I do need a carrier bearing but all my U joints are tight should I also just throw a set of radius bushings on as well ?
  8. That_4.0_ranger

Let me go snag a pic of them they might be blown to be honest I forgot check those
  9. That_4.0_ranger

Oh I didn’t even think about that that would make sense I take a look at that
  10. That_4.0_ranger

need some help because im stumped when im driving especially at low speeds such as parking lots every time i take off of let of the gas i here this sound i would describe it as clunk but sounds like two pieces of metal hitting each other i can get video of it but i thought it could be a carrier...
  11. That_4.0_ranger

passenger side axle not spinning in 4wd

yeah that what i was figuring but i figured the axle itself would still spin especially wen just on flat ground
  12. That_4.0_ranger

passenger side axle not spinning in 4wd

need help with this 1991 ford ranger 4.0 4wd, when i put it in 4x4 while driving the drivers side axle spins but the passenger doesn't and if i gas it in 4x4 only the backs spin has anyone had a problem like this thanks
  13. That_4.0_ranger

Need some wiring help on 91 ranger

Update I got both problems fixed the light was a missing 40a fuse under the hood and the the gas gauge was a bad anti slosh module in the cluster

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad