• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by Tally99

1. 3.0 Crank no start after sitting

Gotcha. Looks like I'll try to borrow a set from o'reillys tomorrow. To test the pressure, do I need to have the pump running? or can I just cycle the ignition a couple times and check?
  2. 3.0 Crank no start after sitting

Hello all, I had to leave my 2000 ranger with the 3.0 sitting for about 3 months due to work. Since doing that, she does not want to start. I initially thought it was a battery issue, since I've had battery problems in the past, but even with a new battery, she cranks without starting. I bought...
  3. 2000 Tail light question

That was my thought too, since the PRND on the dash is the same across all automatic transmissions. Thanks!
  4. 2000 Tail light question

That would work even better. Amazon says it won't fit, but other parts stores like o'reilly say it will, so I'll give it a shot. Thank you so much!
  5. 2000 Tail light question

Update: I disconnected the OD pushbutton and drove it for about 20 miles, and my fuse is still intact, so I'm gonna go ahead and say I found the ground. Also swapped in some blue LEDs for my dash lights while I had it apart. I guess my next move is gonna be to wire in a pushbutton that I'll...
  6. 2000 Tail light question

Gotcha. The bulb looked burnt, so I swapped it with one of the extraneous 4x4 bulbs. It hasn't illuminated for as long as I've owned the truck, so I initially assumed I didn't have overdrive, but I've also never needed to turn it off. The fuse only blows after driving for a while, so I can't...
  7. 2000 Tail light question

Hey all, I replaced the neutral safety switch, and the fuse still blows. According to the owner's manual, fuse #6 powers the DRLs, 4x4, OD, and reverse lights. It's a 2wd truck, and I don't think US-model rangers got DRLs, so I'm inclined to believe something is up with the OD wiring. I've...
  8. 2000 Tail light question

Updating for posterity and cause I depend on these forums too much to leave a thread unresolved: It wasn't the tail light harness after all. The ground was intermittent, and my new theory is that something is rattling in the transmission range switch/neutral safety switch, cause when I replace...
  9. Back up lights

I'm chasing down a similar problem on my 2000; backup light fuse is fine for a while when I replace it, but then it blows after driving. I checked the tail light harness, since my trailer connection had some worn out insulation, so I figured it could be some chafed wires (it wasn't). My next...
  10. 2000 Tail light question

Gotcha. Thanks for the info! My Chilton manual is kinda lacking for this sort of thing. Looks like I'll try to do some harness surgery. Pulling the old harness out was a minor PITA so hopefully I can make what I have work instead of pulling a junkyard one.
  11. 2000 Tail light question

Ah shoot. Is there any modification I can do to the multifunction switch? It looks like the 1999 and 2000 ones have the same part number, so I figured they were the same. I noticed that the truck side of the plug for the tail light wiring harness has 8 wires, whereas the original harness plug...
  12. 2000 Tail light question

Gotcha. I found some cheap housings/sockets for 1999 tail lights on rockauto so those are on the way. If that doesn't work, my plan is to modify the new wiring harness to be like the original one, i.e. swap the plug that goes to the main wiring harness and remove the separate turn signal light...
  13. 2000 Tail light question

Hello all, My 2000 ranger's reverse lights recently stopped working, and I tracked the issue down to a ground in the tail light wiring harness. I replaced this with a part from eBay (https://www.ebay.com/itm/404246352121), and now the reverse lights light up again. However, this harness has...
  14. Oil Pressure Gauge Flutter

Hello all, I've noticed that when I exit a highway after driving for a while with a good bit of cargo in the bed, my oil pressure gauge flutters once I come to a stop, such as at a stop sign or intersection. It returns to the normal position once I hit the gas, and get the rpms around 1500...
  15. Transmission Fluid Question

Perfect. Thank you so much!

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad