• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by stretchstick

1. 99 Ranger V8 swap and manual to auto conversion

Some more wiring questions... Circled is the bulkhead on the drivers side that connects the dash harness to the door, everything overhead, and the rear of the vehicle. There seems to be a lot more going on here than necessary. What is the best way to weed out what is not needed? For instance...
  2. 99 Ranger V8 swap and manual to auto conversion

Picked up the transmission today. Here it is, all rebuilt and cleaned up with a new converter and the 1354 adapter installed. They said the 1354 should be just fine back there. I am retaining the original adapter and output shaft just in case. Also dropped off the intakes and valve covers at...
  3. 99 Ranger V8 swap and manual to auto conversion

I can't begin to express how grateful I am for all the incredibly informational responses. My Ranger is pretty basic (manual windows, no power door locks, etc.). So it sounds like I am in need of sourcing up a GEM from a Ranger that has the power package? If this is correct, does anyone know...
  4. 99 Ranger V8 swap and manual to auto conversion

Good to hear another positive about the 1354. Now I just need to know how the Mountaineer wiring will control the 4x4 functions. Not finding anything out there about the issue.
  5. 99 Ranger V8 swap and manual to auto conversion

All I know is the Mountaineer harness does not have transfer case controls since it was all wheel drive. Been questioning this ever since the idea of using the Mountaineer harness came up. I have to find out how the controls for the Ranger transfer case will adapt into the Mountaineer harness.
  6. 99 Ranger V8 swap and manual to auto conversion

Good information, thank you. So, with transferring the Mountaineer engine harness and cab harness into the Ranger, will the Ranger GEM be compatible with said harnesses?
  7. 99 Ranger V8 swap and manual to auto conversion

Well, I got the drivetrain out last weekend. The engine is at the machine shop ($$$!!!), and the transmission is at the tranny shop (even more $$$!). I've been out of the loop for a while, prices are much higher than the last time I had an engine built. Kinda threw my budget out the window...
  8. 99 Ranger V8 swap and manual to auto conversion

I've heard you do, and I've heard you don't. At least this way I know the shafts from the Ranger will have the same input/output patterns. It's one of those bridges I will have to cross when I get there. Driveshaft fitment will be the first thing I do once the drivetrain is in place, just in...
  9. 99 Ranger V8 swap and manual to auto conversion

Thank you for the confirmation on the oil pan and exhaust manifolds, along with the info on the HVAC controls situation, I will be delving into that and appreciate the info. The t-case decision was the largest area of debate I've been having with myself. One minute, I would tell myself, 'This...
  10. 99 Ranger V8 swap and manual to auto conversion

Right on, it sounds like swapping the Mountaineer cab harness is the new (and better) plan, thank you. I will be stripping the Mountaineer next weekend and will tear into the dash to see what all is entailed. Two questions arise off the bat - - The lack of transfer case controls in the...
  11. 99 Ranger V8 swap and manual to auto conversion

Hello, and thank you for any assistance you may be able to provide. I have researched the snot out of the V8 swap, reading as many threads on here (and elsewhere), as I could find. I also purchased the online V8 swap manual from Harwood Performance, but it appears to be geared more toward...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad