• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by StewieNC

1. Brake Light Switch

I fixed my ABS light problem by replacing brake light switch I purchased at Autozone with a Motorcraft switch. Now the brake lights work and the ABS light is off. I have had good luck with parts from the Zone, but not this time. New parts are not always good parts.
  2. 1999 Ranger 3.0L 2WD - ABS Light on but no codes.

For future reference: OBD scanners will not work for ABS diagnostics. There is a specific two wire connector behind the right side kick panel that is used for this procedure. Disconnect the connector and then ground one side of the connector, this will cause the ABS light to flash. Count the...
  3. Brake Light Switch

I purchased the new switch at Auto Zone, so its Duralast. It crossed my mind to try a switch from Motorcraft. Will let you know. I will also check the grounding issue. The wire color code description is a great help. Thanks!
  4. Abs controller or hydraulic unit

I have a similar problem as a result of replacing the brake light switch, which is down on the brake pedal under the dash. The controller on my Ranger is behind the radio on the right side, so you have to pull out the center section of the dash. Not really a bad job, just don't do it in a hurry.
  5. Brake Light Switch

1999 Ranger RABS, 4.0L, Manual Transmission I replaced the brake light switch, now the brake lights work fine. The problem is that the ABS light comes on when I drive away. I've spent a lot of time trouble shooting and I am quite sure the problem is the switch. Below is a description of...
  6. Another ABS light puzzle

Thanks for the input, I will keep that in mind. I have arrived at the conclusion that my problem is with the brake light switch. I am getting an ABS diagnostic code 11, which indicates brake pedal position switch issue. This is after I replaced the switch. The brake lights work, but it is...
  7. Another ABS light puzzle

Thanks for the input, I will keep that in mind. I have arrived at the conclusion that my problem is with the brake light switch. I am getting an ABS diagnostic code 11, which indicates brake pedal position switch issue. This is after I replaced the switch. The brake lights work, but it is...
  8. Another ABS light puzzle

I have a 99 Ranger 2wd, 4L engine, 5 speed manual, rear wheel ABS. When I start the engine, everything seems fine until I drive away and reach 20 mph. The ABS light comes on and stays on. The brakes seem to work fine. I will list below all the parts I have replaced, but nothing has changed...
  9. RABS light comes on but will not flash a diagnostic code

The diagnostics are based on the number of times the ABS light blinks when you do the test. There is a table that corelates the number of flashes to probable causes. If it flashes 16 times it indicates that the system is working. I have not seen anything in the manual that corelates to not...
  10. RABS light comes on but will not flash a diagnostic code

Problem below is on a 1999 Ranger 2wd, 4L V6 manual transmission with RABS. When I turn the key, everything seems normal. The ABS and brake dash lights come on the and then go out. As soon as I drive away maybe a hundred yards the ABS light comes on and stays on. I have the factory manual and...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad