• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by Spadilla7

1. I need help, please and thanks! 1990 Ranger 2.9L

What is between the coil and plugs is the distributor, TFI, cap and rotor. There is a start wire on the TFI that is r/bl it should be hot when attempting the start the truck. There is no power there. There is a red green to the coil, from the ignition, and I have the proper voltage there when...
  2. I need help, please and thanks! 1990 Ranger 2.9L

I do have power from the r/gn to the coil. I have power on the r/bl from the solenoid when trying to crank. But I have no power at the r/bl at the TFI. This pink white wire ties into the r/bl somewhere, if I find where it connects that probably will fix the issue the r/bl could be broken or this...
  3. I need help, please and thanks! 1990 Ranger 2.9L

I have traced the r/bl from the TFI harness through to the starter solenoid, nothing to see there. I have power to the starter, the starter works, engine cranks, power at the r/bl on the solenoid, but no power at the r/bl wire at the TFI when trying to crank. I honestly think that this white/...
  4. I need help, please and thanks! 1990 Ranger 2.9L

Franklin, to answer your question about the crank, yes the motor turns over, but it will not start. I am frustrated by the wiring diagrams because I do ALSO have that solid pink wire shown in the other diagrams. Its like a have a homologation harness from multiple years. IDK, frustrating, to...
  5. I need help, please and thanks! 1990 Ranger 2.9L

Here is the diagram I have been using. If you look at the nsf you will see the the white/pink wire I am referring too. None of the other diagrams even show the white pink wire.
  6. I need help, please and thanks! 1990 Ranger 2.9L

Thanks, Franklin. The R/LB wire goes to the starting system, and this is where I think the problem may lie. The R/LB wire connects to the white pink which connects somehow to the neutral switch. I have no power at the r/bl wire when trying to start. I just cant seem to locate where the white...
  7. I need help, please and thanks! 1990 Ranger 2.9L

Hello, All. I took a break from working on the truck for a while, actually about a month, but I am now back at it. The same issue is still at hand, which is I do not have spark. Ok, so here is where I am at the moment, I have this white wire with a pink stripe on it. Doing some research...
  8. I need help, please and thanks! 1990 Ranger 2.9L

I have just code 21. That’s it.
  9. I need help, please and thanks! 1990 Ranger 2.9L

I have no spark. Fueling is good.
  10. I need help, please and thanks! 1990 Ranger 2.9L

Ok. Confirmed compression stroke by the finger test. Rechecked position of the rotor, no change. Pointing towards number one. Just for kicks I rotated the distributor 180 degrees, points to number 5, no change. Put back to original location. Cranks but no start no matter what I’ve tried. Also...
  11. I need help, please and thanks! 1990 Ranger 2.9L

Franklin, You just opened my eyes. Let me put try it again. I am probably 180* off.
  12. I need help, please and thanks! 1990 Ranger 2.9L

Gaz, Thank you for that info. I will check those out today as well.
  13. I need help, please and thanks! 1990 Ranger 2.9L

Hello, Franklin, I removed the #1 spark plug, manually turned the crank until the orange TC marking on the pulley was lined up with the pointer on the block, and the distributor rotor pointed to the number one position, somewhat pointing to the passenger seat. Checked #1 cylinder to verify...
  14. Hello, All.

Baby Yoda for the win.
  15. I need help, please and thanks! 1990 Ranger 2.9L

I am new here, just did an introduction on the introduction forum. I am in need of help for those that have experience with the ranger. First, I will give some background information on the truck. Then what’s been done to it, and finally where we are today. Myself, my wife and my son and drove...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad