• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by Shadowranger

1. Shadowranger

How do you honestly feel about ford.

G8or, agree... all the mfrs. have issues. The new Camrys have plastic or nylon throughout the door and body panels, even in the door well threshold...saw a video of a guy just putting light pressure on the panels and seeing them flex inward. But how much of the decline in quality we see (in all...
  2. Shadowranger

How do you honestly feel about ford.

My two cents, having quickly read all 8 pages here...I've been leery of Fords ever since around 1975, when working on a car at a Chevron station out in the driveway, I had to go into the bays for another tool. (Working on a t-stat at the front of the car, with my back to the bay inside.) If I...
  3. Shadowranger

No voltage to fog lamps

Thanks, Dirtman
  4. Shadowranger

No voltage to fog lamps

Got the new fog lamps in and working great. But, stupid question...what is the knob above the fog lamp switch?o_O
  5. Shadowranger

New here, late as usual

Joined early last week and it looks like just in time. Thanks for the help with the 2001 Ranger XLT 4x4, guys. The timing chain cluster will be addressed ASAP. Been living in central Caribbean for 12 years now, seeing what grows on 4 acres. Coconuts grow well, everything else has a bug or...
  6. Shadowranger

Found this in the oil pan..

Great! I just took the oil pan off and well, I don't know jack now..:( thanks for the help guys. I bought this 10 yrs. ago with about 109k on it and don't know it's history other than a basic Car Fax back then....sheesh. Talking to the mechanic soon.. This is going to be fun.
  7. Shadowranger

Thanks...I'll update this later. Edit.: Just doing some online parts info digging and most parts I see (timing chain, tensioners, guides, separate or in kits) specify for VIN. "E" Would that be for the first letter in VIN? Mine begins with "F" Also some specify if the engine has balance shafts...
  8. Shadowranger

Front side marker lights

Of course it's a bulb. I watched a video and it was saying just replace the whole thing, so $40.+ vs. replacing a bulb.....which sounds better? But can I get the lens off without destroying it?
  9. Shadowranger

Front side marker lights

with the yellow lens...right side bulb is out. Is there a way to replace the bulb or do I need to replace the whole assembly? 2001 Ranger XLT (the dog is Shadow and he loves this truck)
  10. Shadowranger

No, I don't feel lucky!! There is a rattle on startup every time and it stops within a second or two. And it's been there quite a while. I thought it was a fan belt noise...or a rat caught in the belt.. Time to talk to the mechanic...sigh.
  11. Shadowranger

Hasn't been done....that's a pretty involved process you linked to and I'm not sure my mechanic could do this. But he has surprised me with his knowledge, so maybe. He did change valve cover gaskets last year. Lots of things to remove just to get access to the bolts. Something I could have done...
  12. Shadowranger

No voltage to fog lamps

Well, you guys have solved my problem...it does in fact have that switch you posted. I always wondered what it was. But when I turn on the headlights they were always on but when I turned on brights they switched off, so I though that's how they worked. Checked today and that switch must have...
  13. Shadowranger

Took the oil pan off yesterday for a thorough cleaning and to replace the pan gasket and found this little gem inside. It reminds me of the old nylon timing gear teeth from way back but it doesn't look like a broken tooth. It's nylon but has a corner to it as though it broke off something...
  14. Shadowranger

No voltage to fog lamps

Thanks Ron. Will do some checking tomorrow. Dirtman, do you mean the headlight switch? there is no other fog lamp switch...that I know of :) never had an owners manual for this thing.
  15. Shadowranger

No voltage to fog lamps

Hello all, fog lamps recently died and I have replaced them with smaller ones for the Mustang (due to an order mixup) and have found no voltage thru the wiring to them. All other lights works, brake, running, etc. I've cut the factory terminal off the old fog lamp harness to expose bare wire...