• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by SCOTTY

1. SCOTTY

Power Window Motor Repair

My '90 Ranger has Bosch motors still goin strong & they're different than the others with the bolts for the gear assembly. It has a bunch of friction fit pins ?
  2. SCOTTY

Clutch fan

Update: Had to remove the fan & clutch as 1 assembly. No biggy though.
  3. SCOTTY

What did you do to your Ranger today? (Part Deux!)

Replaced the cooling fan Monday. Was poking around under the hood last week & noticed the fan had quite a few stress cracks. I replaced the clutch several years back & they weren't present. Went with Ford on this one (8 blade) because my truck has always cooled well & some aftermarket ones for...
  4. SCOTTY

With some blue mirror acrylic I thought I'd add something to the radiator support. See the clouds ? It looked too naked after I cleaned all the grime off.
  5. SCOTTY

Clutch fan

My fan shroud states "LEFT HAND THREAD ON FAN CLUTCH" meaning reverse threads. I put a clutch on 5-6 years back & poking around under the hood the other day I noticed I need a new fan blade. Looks like I can remove the fan without removing the clutch, but maybe have to remove the shroud bolts &...
  6. SCOTTY

A/C Compressor clutch not getting power

Thanks Ron ! (y)
  7. SCOTTY

So on older vehicles, let's say a '63 T-Bird, when starting it it's a normal occurrence that the current draw from the starter stops anything else (Such as A/C) from engaging/operating until the engine is running, w/the exception of any lights on that would go very dim ? BTW, are these Ranger...
  8. SCOTTY

Thanks Ron, So jumping the 2 wires @ the pressure switch won't bypass the WOT relay & it will operate as it should. Also, & I may have missed this, but if the A/C system was left on since the last time driving the truck, the compressor will not engage right away while starting the truck the next...
  9. SCOTTY

Can't you temporarily bypass the pressure switch if you know you have a good enough charge of freon in system until you get another switch ? & the WOT relay should still work, correct ? (To me the WOT relay thinks there's enough pressure so it will work.)
  10. SCOTTY

How to- 2.9 idle adjustment

I know the oil weight is wrong on this label but is the Idle RPM correct ? (1990 2.9, AT)
  11. SCOTTY

o2 sensor locations on 1990 2.9l v6 ford ranger

Thanks ! So there is no Fuseable Link as well under the hood ?
  12. SCOTTY

o2 sensor locations on 1990 2.9l v6 ford ranger

Where is the fusible link ?
  13. SCOTTY

It's New Years Eve !! As far as "What did you do to your Ranger today ", well, I did drive it !
  14. SCOTTY

Don't know how you feel about buckets, but I went to PAP & got 2 right side ones (Deep type) & replaced the 60/40 with them. Gave me some more leg room as well. Then I got a console from a 1st gen Exploder. I like it a lot better.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad