• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by sam klassen

1. crank but no spark after engine swap

Reversed the crankshaft position sensor and IM GETTING SPARK! Thanks to everyone that helped!
  2. crank but no spark after engine swap

Ya I had so solder on a new connector
  3. crank but no spark after engine swap

I don't understand the second part of the comment but yes it is 1994 harness.
  4. crank but no spark after engine swap

1999 i asume they are diffrent?
  5. crank but no spark after engine swap

ok my coil is good i grounded the yellow red one ungrounded it and spark what else do you think it is the icm? you had said that the engine cranks around 200rpm right. so i should be able to see that on the, whats it called tachometer? so i looked and it moves a tiny bit like you can barly see...
  6. Coilpack Testing -- 1994 Ranger 4 liter---

ok my coil is good i grounded the yellow red one ungrounded it and spark what else do you think it is the icm? you had said that the engine cranks around 200rpm right. so i should be able to see that on the, whats it called tachometer? so i looked and it moves a tiny bit like you can barly see...
  7. crank but no spark after engine swap

I can check for continuity from the 3 grnds from the icm to ground? If so I don't get any.
  8. crank but no spark after engine swap

The cel goes off then comes back on then if I try again without turning it off it stays on is that bad? Would an oscilloscope be able to pick up these ground pulses.
  9. crank but no spark after engine swap

So let me try to understand the icm it is grounding the coil correct? Is it when it gets grounded it sparks ok when it stops being grounded it sparks
  10. crank but no spark after engine swap

Can I use a multimeter and use the ohm setting to see if those grnds are being grounded
  11. Coilpack Testing -- 1994 Ranger 4 liter---

i got a new coil and it did not have conductivity from spark plug terminal to grnd pin
  12. crank but no spark after engine swap

how do you test the coil on this? and is there anyway to see if the icm is sending a ground pulse maybe a scope?
  13. crank but no spark after engine swap

That's the orange oring in the connector to the coil? And dielectric greace gives a better connection?
  14. crank but no spark after engine swap

And wires to the coil I did find one that was connected to one of the three yellow wires I have removed it still no spark I will look it over maybe i forgot to plug something back in. The other comment sounded a bit rude sorry about that. I'll let you know if I find something

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad