• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by rusty ol ranger

1. rusty ol ranger

2.9 ranger runs terrible

Start with that. Check the wireing, change the sensor.... Exhaust backfire is generally caused by av overly rich condition...which ECT issues can cause. There is a way to check the ignition module...but im not sure how...i believe its pretty complicated and kind of a worthless test since TFI's...
  2. rusty ol ranger

2.9 ranger runs terrible

One other thing....have you tried pulling the codes?
  3. rusty ol ranger

Anyone ever experience this?

Doesnt the fuel pump ground thru the ecm?.
  4. rusty ol ranger

What made the pump run when i dicked with the negative?
  5. rusty ol ranger

It just threw me because ive had plenty not crank because of a bad battery ground cable...but not still crank and the fuel pump not run lol. I did notice the ground that comes off down on the exhaust on the passenger side is gone...not sure what its for. The one for the cab that goes to the...
  6. rusty ol ranger

‘94 4.0L 4x4 - Hard to find parts?

Around here and i think in the RBV community in general the generations go as follows... 83-88 1st 89-92 2nd 93-97 3rd 98-01 4th 02+ 5th. Yes the 83-88 and 89-92 were kinda similar, but had different dashes, the 4.0L came into play, and the front end changed. Its a different generation. F...
  7. rusty ol ranger

I was out messing with my "new" B2 today. I replaced the postitive cable and spliced a new plug on the coolant sensor. Anyways, last time when i noticed the screwed up postitive cable i noticed the fuel pump wasnt priming, and obviously wouldnt crank. After i changed the cable it cranked...
  8. rusty ol ranger

Love my 88 ranger

Welcome to TRS. www.car-part.com is an awesome resource for junkyard parts
  9. rusty ol ranger

1987 Ford Bronco II trans and motor

Your best bet is a 90-99 4.0/5sp. Basically any OHV 4.0. You can use a 5 sp off an SOHC but theres a hole or something slightly different on the bellhousing. I dont know all the details. The 4.0 SOHC....you might as well go 302.
  10. rusty ol ranger

Steering Wheel swap question

You talking this style? I dont think so. I havent had the wheel off my 77 in a while but IIRC the shafts are larger then the rangers. It could probably be done if you were determined enough....but i dont think itd be an easy thing. Im assuming you have a 90 by your name....the early (83-84...
  11. rusty ol ranger

Busted wires

To be fair it was a 3rd gen 4wd so i just assumed it was a 4.0 untill i popped the hood...that and the fact its in the junkyard donateing parts to a still living 2.9 both say volumes:ROFLMAO: Ill pry end up using the 460 one...i could get it cut back longer on the harness...even though on the...
  12. rusty ol ranger

Busted wires

You were correct. I went to the u-pull and grabbed two of them...one off an 90 460 and another off a 95 3.0 (i know...blasphemy pulling 3.0 parts for a 2.9)... Either way....both were exactly the same. Best part of all the old man that runs the yard gave em' to me free. Going out tomorrow...
  13. rusty ol ranger

1990 Ford Ranger Very Nice Restoration Small Lift New Tires 4x4

Its a very annoying double edged sword. On one hand, its good becauae with the big money being thrown around its pretty much guranteed that these things we love will forever be around, and not bought for 300 bucks by a 16 year old to go and jump around a dirtbike course with it untill the frame...
  14. rusty ol ranger

T case shift knob

Yeah i bought a used OEM one. I seen dorman (?) Makes aftermarket new ones but the map is black and etched into the plastic and looks to modern for my taste
  15. rusty ol ranger

Loss of power Steering After new pump. 1990 Bronco ii 2.9

Id return it and get one from a parts store. Athough all part quality sucks nowadays

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad