• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by Rooster71

1. 1997 2WD Rides Like it Is Going Down Railroad Track Crossties

235/75-15 LT running at recommended pressure. No mods at all. I ran over a bump at a traffic light yesterday and it sounded and felt like the whole dang front end fell out from under it.
  2. 1997 2WD Rides Like it Is Going Down Railroad Track Crossties

I replaced the shocks, tires, and had the front end aligned on my truck. It Rides awful! If I run over an ant in the road I will feel it. If I hit a good sized bump in the road, the whole truck will veer to the left or right. Never know which way. It honestly feels like I am riding down a...
  3. 2.3L ('83-'97) 1997 high idle

My 97 2.3 5 speed was idling high and had a code for IAC valve. I put a new one on and now it is worse. Very high revs until truck comes to a complete stop. When I unplug the IAC there is no change in rpm. I read online that the Rangers will stay idled up until it is fully stopped. I have no...
  4. 2.3L ('83-'97) Is the 2.3 really this slow?

I recently got a 97 Ranger with the 2.3l and manual transmission. Good little truck but seems really slow. Today I wanted to see how fast it would go. With the pedal all the way down, I barely got above 70mph! Is this normal? It was an olddelivery truck for a parts store. Could they have put...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad