• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by ronclark

1. ronclark

Free program for securely erasing HDD's

ABAN is great, make a boot USB and any attached drives get nuked
  2. ronclark

2.9 wiring question for 4.0 possible swap

Were about in Oregon? I am in Woodland, WA mile post 21 on the I5. your welcome to have a look at my truck swap and if you need wiring info I still have the books and my notes some were
  3. ronclark

Coleman Liquid Fuel

Thanks for the info, I picked up a few boxes from a few local wally worlds
  4. ronclark

RIP Ken Block

That's really sad news, I really enjoyed watching Hoonigan episodes. Prays out to his family
  5. ronclark

90's Ford ECM/ECU Capacitor Plague?

Oh, I completely understand where she is coming from; I imagine is much easier to tune an MS than old Ford systems and get way more views. That's sad big names in tuning are closing their doors, but I guess with everything over the last few years it is hard to keep businesses running. My...
  6. ronclark

Ones and Two I have never seen it as a big problem just the way things go as they age. I have made several board repairs from that era mostly electrolytic capacitors that failed after a year or two of service. Well something to check on my 94 mustang and my 4.0L 93 ECU swap that been having a...
  7. ronclark

I was watching Sarah-n-Tuned 94 ford ranger ECU problems. The Mega Squirt plug-in play swap is cool but really expensive, I am betting out of reach of a lot of members. I have been on this forum for years and I don't remember reading anything about the 90's capacitor plague on Ford ECU/ECU. Did...
  8. ronclark

Howdy from Oregon

Welcome to TRS, I am just north of you in Washington
  9. IMG_0289.jpg

IMG_0289.jpg

87 4 x 4
  10. IMG_9848.jpg

IMG_9848.jpg

87 4 x 4
  11. ronclark

Family Heirloom: The chronicles of Sarah's Ranger

There is something about First Gens I love, even though my 87 4 x 4 looks neglected its still one of the cleanest and straightest first gens in town. I got that truck in the early 2000s. It was an unloved field find with the motor in pieces and most of the drive train in the cab and bed. tires...
  12. ronclark

What would cause a melted piston

My old 2.9L blew a hole in the piston, when I tore it apart I found the injector on the same piston was crammed full of rust. my guess from the steel fuel rail. Not 100% sure but my guess is that caused that cylinder to become lean and the piston failed.
  13. ronclark

Selling a “lemon” honestly

How many miles on the car? How many miles are they driving in that 1.5 months? There is a lot going in a turbo car, and I have seen turbo dump lots of oil down the tailpipe. My 740T wagon turbo when out and you know the old cartoons the cars blow donuts out the tailpipe. I wished I had a video...
  14. ronclark

Wanted First Gen Arm Rest

Dummy me, I need the passenger side. Thanks for pointing that out, that's what I get for having too many things on my mind I guess.
  15. ronclark

Wanted First Gen Arm Rest

I am looking for a First Gen Bronco II Blue Arm Rest, that is in pretty good shape.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad