• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by Roert42

1. Roert42

NEW, IMPROVED RUBBER

The load rating isn’t 100% related to tire stiffness. Tires with more cords in the sidewall are normally stiffer, so you get less sway and better tread wear with a load on. Tires can have less sidewall cord and still have the same load rating. They’ll ride better empty but May be too soft with...
  2. Roert42

What did you do to your Ranger today? (Part Deux!)

That looks like a direct knock off of a ford racing cover that I seen on summit. Says on that description it’s not compatible with certain axels. Just missing the ford logo in the blank spot and about $100 on the price tag.
  3. Roert42

What did YOU do today?

We have wild raspberry vines that have hairs all over them. Those things will give you a mean rash that burns like a mother. Luckily it’s not an oil so it doesn’t spread. Don’t worry I’ve got poison oak, ivy, and sumac to make up for that. The joys of rural mountain living. For the stuff...
  4. Roert42

TRS Event Carlisle Truck Nationals August 2-4, 2024

Planning on coming again this year. Wife like the pictures of the campground from last year so she was planning on going too, and maybe just staying at the campground to avoid the weird car people. Have to check with my brother and see if he wants to come again. For better or worse we both...
  5. Roert42

NEW, IMPROVED RUBBER

The discoverer LTs I had on my brothers ranger, they came with the truck, but we’re fairly new. Was able to drive that truck through/ over snow drifts taller than the hood. 4hi with two open diffs, drop it in first and would walk right through. The whole time I drove it they were pretty quiet...
  6. Roert42

My 2023 2 door Big Bend 😎

Funny. I’ve never had a CB that wanted anything to do with the windshield washer spray. The wiper blades are always fine on their own. The pump for the spray, absolutely not.
  7. Roert42

Todays weather

Enjoying some 70mph wind and golf ball size hail at the moment myself.
  8. Roert42

NEW, IMPROVED RUBBER

Cooper Discovers AT. Best all around truck tires I’ve ever ran. Comfortable, quiet, amazing in rain and snow. General makes some really nice mud tires, but I’ve not tried any of their other stuff
  9. Roert42

Vinyl vs. Carpet, opinions and recommendations.

When I replaced the vinyl in my old f150 when I redid the floor pans. Did not put down insulation, just plopped down the vinyl. Never had any complaints about noise. My ranger is kinda noisy on long rides, but it’s the only truck I’ve had with carpet. I’m not very picky though. I’ve owned a...
  10. Roert42

Cant believe im saying this...

I used an old refrigerator to fix a lawn mower deck and the roof on my house. With a grinder, welder, and spray paint, anything is possible.
  11. Roert42

What did YOU do today?

Washed all the cars and trucks. spent about 4/5 hours on the new F250 with the power buffer and no7. Looks like a brand new truck, cleaned up about 60-70% of her battle scars. Just now realized I don’t have any pictures from when I bought it or I would post before and after pictures
  12. Roert42

What did YOU do today?

Changed a couple seal on the transmission of my fathers F150. Was leaking enough they wouldn’t pass the inspection and he couldn’t get anyone to do it because Automatic transmissions are black magic voodoo. Wasn’t that bad. Worst part was refilling the pan with oil. Doesn’t have a dip stick...
  13. Roert42

Cant believe im saying this...

Gasless wire welders are harder for someone who’s green to use then one what uses gas. Not as good for sheetmetal either. They run hotter since you have to run the wire and the flux. With the mig, you’re just burning the wire. Doesn’t put as much heat into the metal. If your welder will work...
  14. Roert42

2021 Ford Ranger FX4 TRS-3 Project Build

Seems like those guys are pretty close to getting paid to do what they love.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad