• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by Roert42

1. Roert42

Junk Yard Trips

I use to live within 3 miles of two U pull it’s. Would go there on the weekends when I didn’t have anything to do. Now it’s an hour drive either way. there are some that don’t let you in the yard, but that’s no fun.
  2. Roert42

SPEWING fuel

Looks like the TB comes off the side instead of the front. Probably just related to the way the engine bay is layed out in the explorer vs the Ranger.
  3. Roert42

Shocks and Torsion bars - poor handling '2011 - . . .

They all came with shocks from the factory, I'm sure they wouldn't have put them on there if they thought it would be ride fine without it.
  4. Roert42

The Mustang is about to be the only kid on the block

Maybe I'm just use to Ford completely changing the mustang every few years. It doesn't seem like GM has changed the looks on the Camaro since they started selling them again in 2010, just small stuff.
  5. Roert42

The Mustang is about to be the only kid on the block

Interesting. Didn't hear GM and Fiat were discontinuing their muscle cars. Surprised to hear about the Fiat ones, out of all the automakers they seemed to be taking the IDGAF route as far as emissions goes.
  6. Roert42

I got screwed by Patriot Buick Chevrolet GMC in Ardmore, Ok

I think this was a private towing company patrolling a private lot. Not the city.
  7. Roert42

What does Ford think the Maverick is for?

This example used the smallest 5x8 expanded mesh trailer they had on The Tractor Supply website. My point was not to compare tow ratings of the two, but to show that towing a small trailer with an escape would give you the same capacity as the bed of the Maverick.
  8. Roert42

Base on the Escape is actualy 2k lbs, with 1.5 3cly. If it's got he Hybrid 2.5 the towing goes down to 1500lbs. I assume this is due to the GVWR and the battery not the capability of the engine. On the Maverick you can only get the 4K towing if you get the 2.0 awd version and tow package...
  9. Roert42

Looks like they are both pretty close. Escape is 1500, 2000, or 3500lbs based on engine and if it came with factory two package. Maverick is 2000 or 4000 lbs based on engine and factory tow package. compared base to base they are the same. 2klbs So if we look at a basic utility trailer at...
  10. Roert42

Im stupid. Need help.

Did you get it from a parts store? Should say somewhere in the part description. Rock auto has S/A and non S/A listings. Non self adjusting clutch doesn't get a adjusted. You start with the peddle up high and as it wears it grabs closer to the floor. factory clutch is self adjusting, the non...
  11. Roert42

Im stupid. Need help.

Master is very difficult to bleed in the truck due to the design. Easiest and most reliable way is to bleed it before installation. The fluid path is shaped like an upside down N, if that makes sense, so there is a pocket where air likes to get trapped. I've heard suggestions of pumping the...
  12. Roert42

While I agree that a small SUV and trailer would be much better for someone who doesn't need the open bed all the time. A truck with a bed topper is just a crappy attempt to convert a truck into a van or SUV. The Maverick starts at $20K and the Escape starts at $27K, so even without the...
  13. Roert42

Truckspotters

I saw a jeep truck last night at the gas station. Looked like someone combined an CJ and made it into a truck, body and bed were one piece. Then dressed it up to look like a newer jeep with the graphics and such. At first I thought it was a new 2 door jeep from the stickers, but when he pulled...
  14. Roert42

Trailers/towing

I my 11 has a brake controller. I’ve towed my 18’ steel trailer with a car / tractor on it a few times. No complaints from the truck, stops and goes no issues.
  15. Roert42

Trailers/towing

18’ steel deck car trailer is about 2k lbs. you can get the ones that only have the tire tracks, open frame in the middle to save weight. Then you can only use it for cars, not general utility work. Save a little weight and go with the 16’ foot deck. Or an 18’ deck aluminum car trailer is...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad