• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by Rick W

1. Rick W

2002 F250 diesel - discovery and build thread.

Add an afterthought, the stuff I have that I write about are definitely toys, but I think of them as “work“ trucks. I never understood the rationale of putting a mirror finished thousands of dollars paint job on a truck that I’m going to use and get beat up anyway. On the roof of that thing, you...
  2. Rick W

You know me, and it may be one of the times I apologize for who I am. I have been blessed in the fact that everything I do with this stuff is all fooling around, I’ve always had resources and dependable vehicles, and extras. I realize a lot of you guys have to do this stuff as a matter of life...
  3. Rick W

What did YOU do today?

That looks like the same thermostat for an attic exhaust fan. Search them on eBay: With tax, less than $30 delivered to you. Government electric is only going to go up. I’m not sure what the cost of electricity is in Ohio, but down here it would pay for itself if it controlled by...
  4. Rick W

What did you do to your Ranger today? (Part Deux!)

Love the license plate. I guess “over” wouldn’t fit?
  5. Rick W

What did YOU do today?

On the fire extinguisher, I have a half dozen of those $10 1 or 2 gallon bug sprayers from Home Depot. If I’m cutting or welding or whatever that might cause a fire, I fill up a couple of them with just water and have them close by. Just a thought, hope it helps.
  6. Rick W

Way slow in catching up on this. Last couple days I read the majority of this. I just assumed you had that truck forever when I saw it last year at nationals. Holy cow that’s a lot of work! Looks like you’ve done a fantastic job!” You know, a little Rustoleum, and a foam roller…
  7. Rick W

What did YOU do today?

Oh my. How brutal! What were you wearing….
  8. Rick W

TRS Event Carlisle Truck Nationals August 2-4, 2024

From Carlisle: Club maps for Truck Nationals are not done until closer to the event. We mail hard copies of the event map out with your showfield stickers 3-4 weeks prior to the event. This map will have the club area designations on it. Michelle Bourne, Customer Service Representative...
  9. Rick W

What did YOU do today?

Goats are a great idea, and I’m sure the most efficient. But I would be curious to see how the people do it.
  10. Rick W

ATL/Southeast Shows & Meets

I was there, 20 years ago. Size the guy up, and if you like him, let him know you’re watching and you expect him to be respectful. If you don’t like him, shake his hand and smile, pat him on the back, and wish him luck. Then, when he’s not in front of you, tell your daughter you think he’s...
  11. Rick W

TRS Event Carlisle Truck Nationals August 2-4, 2024

Do we know where The Ranger Station will be this year at the nationals? Is it the same as last year? I’ll be with you guys Friday and Sunday, but I will be in section 905 on Saturday on the judged field. I looked all over their website for a map of the show field, and I could not find one...
  12. Rick W

New tools you've bought recently?

Let me know when you try that, and I’ll bring the casket. Or will we be good with just a few 5 gallon pails?
  13. Rick W

ATL/Southeast Shows & Meets

OK, I’ll put you two guys down as a “maybe.“
  14. Rick W

What did YOU do today?

You’re making my case for me. Did these itchy things have more than two eyes? Did they crawl on the ground, but stand up when they had to, and were they able to turn their heads completely around?
  15. Rick W

What did YOU do today?

Wow. Two 6-foot tall 10 year olds, covered with poison ivy at a house in the forest where nothing will grow on the ground. That’s got Hollywood written all over it.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad